LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Ankush Nandkishor Makode posted a status
"What are you up to?"
7 hours ago
Ankush Nandkishor Makode updated their profile
7 hours ago
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted blog posts
14 hours ago
Ashutosh Joshi is attending Hemanta Kumar Biswal's event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
yesterday
Profile IconShubhanshu Vishwakarma, KAMALDEEP, Dk and 13 more joined LIS Links
yesterday
Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
Thursday
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
Thursday
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
Thursday
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
Thursday
Dr.Giriraj Halkar posted a discussion
Thursday
CHIKKUDU VENKATA MURALI updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. Badan Barman and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Dr. Manoj Das's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Jayvardhan Singh updated their profile
Thursday
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Pallavi Sushant Sapkal
Wednesday
Anju sagar posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"Dear All Librarian, PFA Call for Book Chapters/Research Papers for Edited Book To be Published with ISBN under IIP International Publi"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you upCall for Chapters Transforming Libraries in the Age of AI: Towards a Smarter Knowledge Ecosystem to?"
Tuesday

Dear LIS friends!

I am at the initial stage of my PhD research design. I am in need of guidance in designing my research work, setting objectives, hypothesis and methodology. I have received information about some PhD consultancies like fivevidya.com, thesisindia.com, etc. But I do not have knowledge on credibility, trustworthy, usefulness and any hidden issues with these consultants. Dear friends, if you have information, please share. Should we take help from such consultants and what are problems that may arise our of such relation.

Views: 1163

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Hi

Most of the Indian Theses are marred by poor writing and lack of originality. The DLINE journals (www.dline.info) offer mentorship programme for Library Professionals. The mentorship programme is free. They have a pool of editors and reviewers who will offer guidance and referral. You can reach them by edprocess@dline.info

thank you mam

Madam

They are asking for full details like. my phd proposal, status, guide details university. Shall we share the details. Please guide me.

Dear  Thanu R  ji,

Please you tell me about yourself like you are phd registerd or not, what is your actual problem and name of the university etc.

with regards

c.m.verma

9462480210

verma_chothmal@yahoo.co.in

why do you need a consultancy for a PhD?

In our country, most of the young academicians and researchers lack good mentoring. Unfortunately, low level information is consumed by them resulting in the low-quality output. Most of the Indian scientific papers are not cited and referred. The level of teaching is far below from the standards. Even many published papers in Indian journals suffer from poor writing, weak content, the absence of originality and a few more. The utmost requirement is the mentoring as many of us are deprived of access to scholarly knowledge. Perhaps, the term used by Thanu can be replaced by the term, 'mentoring'. It is unfortunate to see the growth of commercial organizations in such 'Ph.d Consultancy". If they help in '(ghost) writing' what is the role of the Ph.D. guides and supervisors? 

Dear Ms. Saba Sarasvdy,

Thank you so much for your post. I whole heartedly support your comments.I also fully agree to Sri Apurba Jyoti Majumder's comment. It may be extremely bitter but I want to exemplify the old proverb Deserve then Desire!! Unfortunately a lot of people irrespective of discipline are running after Ph.D. without having the basic background.  You  on 9th August 2012,  a list Ph.D Theses in LIS was provided in this forum If one goes through the list, s/he will understand the standard of the theses we so proudly flaunt!! Of course there were some excellent topics and I believe thatthe researchers of those topics had done excellent jobs for their professional careers but they were only a handful. Some so called consultancy organizations spawned up to "help" a bunch of aspiring Ph.D scholars whose calibers fall short of expectation to do Doctoral Research. I must admit that the UGC's rules for  Ph.D as a mandatory criteria for promotion for a certain section of Library people is vastly responsible for this.They have never made any attempt to check the quality aspects of the papers and the Ph.D. Theses. or to impose some yardsticks for quality maintenance. The criteria they have fixed are extremely lousy and you will see that a whole lot of ISSN induced journals came into existence most of which are worthless. I am sorry for being so rude but throughout my service life in Research Institutes, I have worked with students and researchers majority of whom were University toppers and a couple of them were Bhatnagar Scientists with overall average citation rate of more than 10per paper.nearly 39% of the researchers are now University Professors in leading U.S. and foreign Universities and 18 persons are Senior Scientists in WHO and at least 8 of them became Directors of National Research Laboratories. I understand that I am being too sentimental which I must not be in public forums like this but I elapsed my most fruitful 38 years among them extremely closely and my mindset is so tuned. I openly admit that I am in no way come to any comparison to any of them but it is an undenying fact that I am a strong believer in "quality" so if I see that quality is compromising, I simply can not stand.

I apologise if I have hurt the consensus of any of my co-professional but I must urge that we must keep in mind the proverb I have mentioned above in this post.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Pls refer Shodhganga (INFLIBNET) !!!

Regards !!

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp