LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

I was interviewed for KVS Librarian by Board No. 1 at 12:04 pm and lasted for 10 minutes on 8.5.2018.

The questions asked were as follows.

1. Introduce yourself.

2. Why you want to join KVS even though you are in state Gov't service.

3. How would you increase reading habits of students in the age of mobiles.

4. How would you increase reading habits of primary class students.

5. If a student come to your library and asked you for meaning of a science word. Which source you will consult.

6. Where is the Indian science library.

Overall experience was average.

I was not able to answer questions number 6.

The members were not satisfied with my answers even though I have tried my best.

Lack of practice costs me.

Summary: It was below average in my opinion after looking at facial expressions of board members.

Views: 11183

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Did you appear for interview?

Hello Mr Shrub

• Very nice practice you have started. Keep continued it . Best of luck for your selection.

Deen dyal port trust ka admit card a gaya h please check website (librarian Class 2)

Thank you very much for sharing your experience sir. 

Deen dyal port trust ka admit card a gaya h

How many times will you tell us the same thing?

Dear Mr. Dhrub Kumar,

Thanks for your post and keeping the forum members abreast of interview questions.

I think the Q#6 was erroneous. They might have/should have asked about National Science Library and it was located in INSDOC  (now NISCAIR) building at Satsangh Vihar Marg, New Delhi.

Incidentally, the National Medical Library is also located at New Delhi over Ring Road just beside ICMR Head Quarter and National Agriculture library is at Pusa (IARI) Besides, the National Documentation Centre of Medical Science (Min Health & FW) is located in NIH& FW (National Institute of Health & Family Welfare) Library. Additionally, two important questions are often asked for jobs in Medical Libraries; one is where from the National Family Health Survey is published?  It is published from IIPS (International Institute of Population Science in Mumbai and the other is under which Ministry/Dept the famous Tata Memorial Centre (for Cancer Treatment & Research) belongs to and it belongs to the Dept. of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt of India.

Regarding Mr. Vineet Jaiswal's Q#5, the NCF is a programme of NCERT & it deals with various activities related to School Education like text book preparation, Syllabus making, Teaching techniques etc.

Regarding these exams, please keep in mind that these are COMPETITIVE Examinations and unlike traditional exams in Schools & Colleges, there is no fixed "Pass Marks" Here every fraction of marks counts. For instance if one gets 73 and one gets 73.25 there might be a position difference of more than ONE HUNDRED even. That is why they often advise not to answer what you do not know clearly. Candidates should not be offended by such replies because often there are provisions for negative markings!!

I hope all of you will score well and will get job by the blessings of God Almighty.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta 

Happy to read your valuable summry of our interview.Thanks a lot .

Thank you for your kind blessings Sir. Waiting for the result is all what I can do as of now.

Dear Sir,

I had faced many get and taken interviewed , In the interview , you should not loose confidence level,Honesty & knowledge like as practical  thought should be clear.

The Library and librarianship are means knowledge and practical knowledge.

Regards

I was also interviewed for kvs at Board No 2. It was lasted near about  10-12 minutes. Following question were asked to me 

1. Introduce yourself.

2. How many Column are there in Accession Resister and what is the use of Price Column

3. Your Blisc Subject Name

4. what is the role of School Librarian

5. How you Improve reading habit among the student

6. If your principal is negative about library, how will you convince him

7. which services will you provide to student

it is like a conman discussion about library and role of library in school than the interview 

Dear Sri Sekhar Ganesh Dixit,

Thanks for your post and for narrating your interview experience.

It seems you had a very good panel of interviewers as they asked quite pertinent questions.

The last sentence of your post is your perception (& absolutely correct!) Indeed interviews are not examinations. they are basically discussion where the interviewers tries to understand the candidate's knowledge, attitude & aptitude in the context of the organization & functional requirements of the job. It is quite important to know how the candidate views her/his potential role & plans for them, (Q 5 & Q7) and their ability to handle complex situations or how they react to a complex situation (Q6) besides subject Knowledge and conception (Q2 & Q4)

I am taking the liberty to address another post as I feel it will not be out of the context in relation to your post. I saw Sri Mukesh Prajapati's post and what he describes as a "common problem" . He is correct, this certainly comes upon practice & experience. So, prepare a 'simulation'  and practice it yourself preferably in front of a mirror so that you can observe your limb movements; it helps understanding the body language and for answering, where to pause and where to press and, more importantly, how to press and pronounce. 

Wish you good luck.

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop