LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Namita Bayan is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
21 hours ago
Hemanta Kumar Biswal posted an event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
yesterday
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Sanjana Saini
Saturday
Sanjana Saini and S. Jaffer Basha are now friends
Friday
Shariyan Ahmed and INDU ROHILLA are now friends
Friday
S. Jaffer Basha joined Dr. Badan Barman's group
Friday
Dr.S.Raonak Salim left a comment for S. Jaffer Basha
Thursday
Dr.S.Raonak Salim updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. U. PRAMANATHAN and Dr. Anjaneya Naik are now friends
Thursday
Raj Tilak posted an event

6th LISACON 2026 at Bangalore. India

November 12, 2026 at 9am to November 14, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Paradip Sen Roy shared their event on Facebook
Thursday
Dr. Manoj Das posted an event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Paradip Sen Roy posted an event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Dr. Anil Kumar Jharotia posted discussions
Thursday
PINKEY RAI updated their profile
Tuesday
Dr. Mohan Laxman Jamdade updated their profile
Sep 21
Sanjana Saini and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
Sep 20
Dr. Gulshan Kumar Sachdeva replied to Dr. Gulshan Kumar Sachdeva's discussion Call for Paper - LPF Global Journal of Social Sciences and Management
Sep 20
OSS Prasad shared their event on Facebook
Sep 20
ANKITA GUPTA replied to Dr. Gulshan Kumar Sachdeva's discussion Call for Paper - LPF Global Journal of Social Sciences and Management
Sep 19

Dear friends,

Last week I attented training on “Innovative and Emerging Technology for Library Professionals” in which we were informed that the copyright act regarding Intellectual property was amended in 2012 and this act allows us to digitized any material ( i.e. books) available in our library and put on our Intranet but not on internet. This will not be a violation of law. 

But friends I am not able to collect the copy of the law where it is exactly mentioned.  Can anybody tell from where the exact amendment made in law can be taken, so that I can get approval by mentioning that attached copy showing the amendment made in 2012 regarding digitization of books.

Views: 1729

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Sir, I will go though it and if there will be any difficulty, I will again ask you. Yours is a great help. With sincere thanks,

Shiromani

thanks

Dear Mr. Manjunathji,

very good morning, I go through this, but could not find my answer. Then I wrote to WIPO about my query, they also advised me to confirm the same from Dy. Registrar of Copyrights, Copyright Division,  Department of Higher Education,Ministry of Human Resource Development,          New Delhi : 110001 which is India's authorised deptt. to answer my question. I have written mail to them, may be I will get reply. or suggest how can I get my answer or any legal person who can clarify in this regard.

Regards,

Shiromani

Thank you Manjunathji for finding and posting.

 

Welcome sir.

Friends

I dont understand this argument that any digitization is allowed in the intranet but not on internet. I can sight you one example:

Suppose I digitize a book and upload on our intranet but in these days of mails and internet available how can you check if some one sends the same book to his/her friend on internet. Wont it become available on internet too.   If you have some mechanism to obstruct it please let me know too.

regards

vrt

No sir, we fix the right from our server that it will be readable only , no downloading or photocopy will be allowed so that there is no voilation of law. It will be used within organization only for reading purpose.

 

Yes madam you are right there are some softwares are also available for this it will not giving permission to copy or download the documents.

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp