LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Namita Bayan is attending Dr. Divyanshu Gupta's event
1 hour ago
Namita Bayan might attend Rabishankar Giri's event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
1 hour ago
Rabishankar Giri posted an event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
1 hour ago
Dr Praggya Pandey posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Profile IconVANPARIYA ROHITKUMAR VALLABHBHAI, Bapan Chandra Das, Archana S. Mangave and 2 more joined LIS Links
1 hour ago
Dr. Divyanshu Gupta posted an event
4 hours ago
OSS Prasad updated an event
6 hours ago
Ankush Nandkishor Makode posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Saturday
Ankush Nandkishor Makode updated their profile
Saturday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted blog posts
Saturday
Ashutosh Joshi is attending Hemanta Kumar Biswal's event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
Friday
Profile IconShubhanshu Vishwakarma, KAMALDEEP, Dk and 13 more joined LIS Links
Friday
Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
Thursday
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
Thursday
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
Thursday
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
Thursday
Dr.Giriraj Halkar posted a discussion
Thursday
CHIKKUDU VENKATA MURALI updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. Badan Barman and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Dr. Manoj Das's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday

Dear Professionals,

 As you all aware that C.B.S.E. has introduce Library and Information Science as a new elective subject for classes XI & XII.  Please suggest good books for interview purpose, and how to teach Library and Information science to XI and XII students. 

Views: 1020

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Hope you will find the below link useful

All lis books

http://www.vedamsbooks.com/library.htm#

thank you

Dear Mr,Abilash.

                        Thank you so much for your audio notes of Library science.  It is fantastic job for the

NET/SET candidates.  Please do more services like this.

                      With kind regards

                        P.Ramu

                        Librarian

                        Muthayammal Engineering College

                        Rasipuram

                        Tamilnadu 637 408

Dear Ms. Jugeshh,

Thanks for your post and for addressing an issue which, as I presume, will attract serious attention of many CBSE School authorities.

Regarding the issue of introducing LIS in XI.XII, as I presume, the board already have a syllabus. I am going to discuss what I should have done, had I been a Librarian in a CBSE School!

I should take the following steps:

(However, at the very onset I should mention that you have asked for good books for interview purpose I could not understand what interview you have referred to here. For selection of Students or for selection of potential teachers?)

1. Go through the syllabus to see what it contains. I should further explore syllabi of certificate Courses in Library Science conducted by various organizations. (In West Bengal, for example, the Bengal Library Association has been successfully conducting the course for last several decades!) As you might be knowing, the minimum qualification for admission to the course is H.S that is Class XII  in 10+2 system.

Here I need to explain certain issues relating to the viability of introduction of the Course itself:

The Certificate Course is a Six Month full time Class based course while the CBSE course is an elective course of Two Years tenure (XI & XII) as such, it can be presumed that quantiatively both the course contents will be sort of same with certain difference in contents as the purpose of the two courses are not the same..

2. The philosophy of the CBSE course is to initiate creation of  a pool of new gen LIS Professional while the practical purpose of conducting the Certificate Course is to impart training to work as junior staff in libraries. in this sense, the CBSE course should be initiated with sort of creation & manifestation of subjects. Libraries as Knowledge resources, Characteristics of print and e-materials,  History of written materials & their forms, then organization of Knowledge & information etc. Next is initiation of the theory of Librarianship and arrangement of documents, the technical parts of Cataloguing and Classification and the philosophy behind them. Then Introduction of Computer, internet and Metadata

Again, coming back to the context of "my job as Librarian"

Check the Syllabus. and explore & identify sources/resources relating to pertinent portions of the syllabus. For instance, in case formation of subjects is included into the syllabus, I have to identify books & or other reading materials pertaining to the topic and especially for those which are easily understandable by people of Class XI &XII.

This aspect is, as you can understand, is quite important & critical.

I must add here that I have seen the link sent by Sri Abilash Achuthan. The list is extremely impressive and Sri Achuthan's endeavour is quite commendable.

But quite naturally, from the titles it is not possible to understand about the standard of the discourses; I mean to say whether they are understandable by students of Class XI & XII. So as per need I have to tailor-made the materials for the students. This is what we usually call Repackaging of Information. As I understand, since the CBSE is introducing the courses, there should be suitable books at least by the NCERT. Adhering to such books and the syllabus, I have  to devise some indigenous reading materials if need be.

To sum up, this is what I should have done in case I had been the Librarian.

I hope I could explain the issue.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Dear Mr.Ray,

Thank you so much Sir,

Sorry for late reply.

Manavta Jugeshh

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp