LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
1 hour ago
Profile IconKAMALDEEP, Dk, Vikash Kumar and 12 more joined LIS Links
1 hour ago
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
1 hour ago
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
1 hour ago
Dr.Giriraj Halkar posted a discussion
1 hour ago
CHIKKUDU VENKATA MURALI updated their profile
1 hour ago
Dr. Badan Barman and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
1 hour ago
Umasankar Mahata is attending Dr. Manoj Das's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
6 hours ago
Umasankar Mahata is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
6 hours ago
Jayvardhan Singh updated their profile
9 hours ago
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Pallavi Sushant Sapkal
yesterday
Anju sagar posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"Dear All Librarian, PFA Call for Book Chapters/Research Papers for Edited Book To be Published with ISBN under IIP International Publi"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you upCall for Chapters Transforming Libraries in the Age of AI: Towards a Smarter Knowledge Ecosystem to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Ankush Nandkishor Makode shared Dr. Badan Barman's group on Facebook
Monday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted an event

7 Days Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on AI IN EDUCATION AND RESEARCH at Assam

October 9, 2026 at 6pm to October 15, 2026 at 7pm
Monday

Please Let me know, how many websites are active for Library and information science jobs in India.

Views: 816

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Amit,

What is the use of this data? If I say 1000 I will be true, if someone says 2000 he/she would not be said as wrong.

There would be many if I say in an abstract nature as your question. 

Thanks

Thank you Munesh,

However, I can feel the perception of Sri Amit Verma and the intense effort underlying his post for a suitable job in LIS field. Certainly the job sites do lots to young people.

I still remember when I first saw the "Employment News" in the Wheeler Stall at Banaras Station way back in 1980!! It was 50 paise per copy those days as I can recall. I was returning from Renukoot via Banaras to visit Lord Viswanatha and pay Him my tribute for my selection at HINDALCO as Librarian!!

I had no reservation and boarded at an unreserved Compartment of very late running Howrah bound Doon Express!! I was in utter urgency as one of my close relative was sinking in a city Hospital in Calcutta. Since I was employed in a Teaching Hospital in Calcutta, i was in a better position to  interact with the Doctors!! 

I had to sit on the floor and the "Employment News" was my "cushion" Later when I got some space on seats to squeeze in, I started to scan the newspaper and so elated I had been to see so many job openings pan India in our field.

In the dead of night, when my co-passengers were dozing, I had been so charged with confidence about several prospective job vacancies I saw in the Employment News. Unlike today, all the jobs were " Time-Scale permanent Govt Jobs" with unique service & social securities.

I fully understand the consensus of Sri Amit Verma and I am equally confident 38 years after that if he continues to  retain his urge, he will certainly find a suitable job by the blessings of god Almighty!!

Urge is the propelling force after all; as I believe. After rendering 38 years in Union Govt. service and passing 40th professional year in a University, I think  this attribute is principally responsible for one's mobility. That's all!

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Thank you very much Siddhartha Sir, for sharing your experience and I appreciate your encouragement. 

With Regards,

Respected Sir,

Thank you for a nice life sketch and lessons. Many things I could recall from your reply, 

First, the view of my hometown, Varanasi during the 1980s. I don't know since I was not in the picture. But I can imagine a devotional piece, natural beauty and purity of Kashi.

Second, your journey in an unreserved compartment. I know the problems, difficulties and pain we get in unreserved compartments. I have also travelled many times in unserved compartments, and newspapers help a lot. I can't recall how many times I have used this pleasant service of Indian Railways but the journey from Varanasi to Pune in the last week of August 2012 is still fresh in memory. It was for the first job in the library domain (on a temporary profile) just after the MLIS. I think I was only the chap going for an exam, rest all were busy in their politics, entertainment, cricket chit-chat. Their voices were louder than the noise produced by train. In a plain word, “that was very a tough journey.”

Thank you, sir, for enlightening us with your life journey and experiences. With your replies and remarks, we get lots of motivations for moving ahead in life by breaking the temporary barriers.

 Thank You Munesh Sir for your valuable reply, Actually I required the data for research purpose, because I do not have any authentic source to know about LIS job websites. If you have any consolidated list. Please Share.

Thank You

Friend,

If you fix a boundary (time period) and search within that parameter then you may get a fixed number. Websites are like uncontrolled publications nobody can give any specific data. I don't know if any organization counts websites. 

For your research thing, Please work on your research purpose and scope parts and then find the data.

Thank you. 

Thank You Munesh Sir, for your needful suggestions.

With regards,

Dear Amit Ji,

                   This is $100 questions to any LIS unemployed students. Every students of LIS thought after completion of degree or diploma he/ she will at least  get a job in this domain. But after passing the same they realize  the unknown situations. And not only they, we are all part and parcel of this experiences. A few students get opportunity from  their teachers or a good association with their elder one, but more or less depends on various LIS job websites. For your kind information, I give you a few popular names with their web address like -

i) http://library-soup.blogspot.com/ ,

ii)http://ncsi.iisc.ernet.in/mailman/listinfo/lis-forum

iii)http://lisportal.com/en/lis-result

iv)http://infolibrarian.com/

v)https://www.naukri.com/

vi) https://www.indeed.co.in

vii)https://www.timesjobs.com

above all referred website  may help any LIS jobs seeker, apart from many more are there but lislinks is more reliable to get quick updates with details.

Thanking you.

With regards,

Sumit Chakraborty

Kolkata.

            

Thank You very much Sumit sir, for your concern towards LIS jobs and for giving me websites' link.

Thank you 

Amit 

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp