LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted a blog post
16 hours ago
Pallavi lamba updated their profile
18 hours ago
Profile IconShalini Singh, Pratima S. Pandey, Gobinda Patel and 1 more joined LIS Links
yesterday
Rahul Devkant updated their profile
yesterday
ASHOK KUMAR MISHRA posted a blog post
yesterday
nidhi singh updated their profile
yesterday
Profile IconLIS Links now has leaderboards
Thursday
Profile IconRaj Stephan Murmu, Jyoti Amit kumar Solanki, Mumtaz Nazir and 3 more joined LIS Links
Thursday
Anant Kulkarni updated their profile
Thursday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita was featured
Thursday
Dr. Chhavi Jain and Shadiya are now friends
Wednesday
Reeti Brar is attending Sunita Pareek's event
Thumbnail

Webinar on AI for Libraries at https://meet.google.com/fey-fjee-mdr

December 12, 2025 from 12pm to 2pm
Tuesday

Librarian Teaching Staff or Non Teaching Staff in CBSE School

Dear Friends, 

 According to CBSE a school Librarian is Teaching Staff but few schools are treating them as Non teaching. Can we do something for this problem.

Views: 11999

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Friends, 

 According to ICSE norms a school Librarian is comes under Teaching Staff or Non teaching pls clarify it.

If u have any proof for that plz attach it will help for everyone. 

please go through these link .cbse.nic.in/LIBRARY-1-99.pdf

Good morning sir .

I also suffering the same problem .i am in A School Librarian .

The School Treat as A Non teacher . But Time table given me .In A Week I taken 32 periods and 4 Periods with 2 Class seat in library in the same period (84) students  are present in library .

kindly send me the rules of cbse if you have .if you dont have then ok

 

Librarian is Miscellaneous Teaching Staff in TGT Scale in CBSE Schools. He/she will take library periods along with all the responsibilities of a teacher like class teachership,invigilation, escorting, arrangement periods, CCA etc have to completed by Librarian.

I am agree with you.

Thanks for this valuable Information.

Dear friend

I was school librarian in CBSE/IB school they consider as Teaching Staff but you have to talk with your director . Now i am working in college. Our management  consider me as applied Science staff 

Dear Anurudh,

I need your assistance . please can call me on 8779135788.

Dear Friends,

 Same thing with me. I'm also getting the same problem. When I talked to HR Department they said they having policy. If I want to talk more so ans is coming "Follow protocol". 

I also sent all info. about CBSE as Librarian's are Misce. TGT but they are not agree. So that I'm not getting summer / Winter vacation. If I want to take vacation so it is consider as LOP.

Dear friends
If u have fought go to web and search UGC act saying librarian is a teaching staff and take print out show to your management

In private education sector Librarians are Na Ghar ka Na Ghat ka 

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp