LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Ankush Nandkishor Makode posted a status
"What are you up to?"
1 hour ago
Ankush Nandkishor Makode updated their profile
1 hour ago
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted blog posts
8 hours ago
Ashutosh Joshi is attending Hemanta Kumar Biswal's event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
yesterday
Profile IconShubhanshu Vishwakarma, KAMALDEEP, Dk and 13 more joined LIS Links
yesterday
Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
Thursday
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
Thursday
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
Thursday
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
Thursday
Dr.Giriraj Halkar posted a discussion
Thursday
CHIKKUDU VENKATA MURALI updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. Badan Barman and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Dr. Manoj Das's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Jayvardhan Singh updated their profile
Thursday
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Pallavi Sushant Sapkal
Wednesday
Anju sagar posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"Dear All Librarian, PFA Call for Book Chapters/Research Papers for Edited Book To be Published with ISBN under IIP International Publi"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you upCall for Chapters Transforming Libraries in the Age of AI: Towards a Smarter Knowledge Ecosystem to?"
Tuesday

How to Write Articles in Library and Information Science

I want to publish some articles, i don't have any idea of how to write and publish

how to choose topics if possible send some titles of article on which i can go for writing.

Views: 2749

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Recently I came to know about  AUTHORAID  It will be very helpful to you. 

Thank you sir 

its great help

First you read full articles from reputed journals. If you do not have print journals then read articles from

online journals. After reading the articles, the idea will automatically  create in your mind. Read papers form annals of library and information studies and Desidoc journal of library and information technology.

 

Dear Sri Kalveer,

Thanks for your post.

May I request you to please go through the editorials of LIS LInks Newsletter. I believe that you will find answers to some of your questions.

I have noticed that you have asked for some topics. But pardon me; do you really think that you can write on any topic suggested by forum members? If yes, then it is absolutely wonderful but since you have "no idea of how to write and publish" I believe that asking for topics will be be sort of "Too Heavy" for you at this hour. On the contrary, why don't you select a topic by yourself? Say for instance, take any contemporary issue which is bothering or inspiring you? Start writing on them. Not necessarily you will be doing it for publication but to start practising writing! I'm sure that if you do with three four issues sucessively, you will certainly develop writing skill. I am telling this from my personal experience.

In our time, when there were no e-materials, as a librarian in a busy Medical Research library,I often faced problems in acquiring articles of various foreign journals  or reprints of foreign articles. The very first article of my life was "International Cooperation for availability of Reprints: Proposal from a Third World Country"  which was published in the proceedings of 5th. International Congress of Medical Librarianship held at Tokyo where I personally presented the paper and had great discussions with my peers throughout the world!! So, you see, the issues which make you concern in real life situation should be your stepping stone in academic writing.

I hope I could explain the insight of your issue.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray

Thanks Siddharths S Ray for a wonderful tips about how to write a research article. I am sure that your tips will really motivate people who are  thinking of start writing research article. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Arockia Lourdu Raj

Respected Sir

Thank you so much i may require your guidance in future

Regards

Kalveer and family

Thank you..it helps me too

I received the following response in an Email.

Regarding the query on how to write and publish articles, I would like to give the following suggestions:

Identify a topic related to your work. Do a literature search on it and little systematic, methodologically sound research on the topic.

Look at the websites of various journals and select a journal in which your topic will be acceptable.

Write systematically in numbered sections. Provide references in the prescribed format.
Do not copy paste from elsewhere - it is illegal.

Check your article for errors before sending off.

Dr. Perin Marolia

Respected Sir

Thanks for your response

I really got an idea

Regards

Kalveer

Dear Sir,

Attached manuscript is useful young budding authors.

All the best.

Attachments:

Sir

Thank you so much for responding and for attatchment

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp