LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Profile IconShalini Singh, Pratima S. Pandey, Gobinda Patel and 1 more joined LIS Links
4 hours ago
Rahul Devkant updated their profile
9 hours ago
ASHOK KUMAR MISHRA posted a blog post
12 hours ago
nidhi singh updated their profile
16 hours ago
Profile IconLIS Links now has leaderboards
yesterday
Profile IconRaj Stephan Murmu, Jyoti Amit kumar Solanki, Mumtaz Nazir and 3 more joined LIS Links
yesterday
Anant Kulkarni updated their profile
yesterday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita was featured
yesterday
Dr. Chhavi Jain and Shadiya are now friends
Wednesday
Reeti Brar is attending Sunita Pareek's event
Thumbnail

Webinar on AI for Libraries at https://meet.google.com/fey-fjee-mdr

December 12, 2025 from 12pm to 2pm
Tuesday
Samidha Sandeep Yadav might attend Gopal Pandey's event
Tuesday
shankar das updated their profile
Tuesday

I love to have an actual book in my hand when I am at home or in the library. However, when I travel, I find it cumbersome to carry multiple books with me. Therefore, I use my tablet and Kindle app with my e-books.

While at work in a school library, I find that students, while living in a digital age, still prefer the physical book as well. When doing research, though, the students and I prefer online journals and periodicals. It seems a bit contradictory, I know. I love having the option of media. I love the technology.

What are your thoughts on books versus e-books?

Views: 1206

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Important of  print books never be less. As other countries preserve public library with traditional system. E-books  have available to less people and should have technology to use. It is Beneficial  to researcher, academician more not the  common public,   

Dear Siddu,
I havent posted this for any debate but I think u took it as debate and enjoying it..

Regarding this topic, I want to quote of an eminent writer-cum-educationist of Assam, Dr. Birendra Nath Bhattacharyya, who said in a seminar organized by DLIS, Gauhati University in the year of 2012..... "You can touch the book, you can feel the book,You can smell the aroma of the book... you can even sleep by placing the book on your lap... But You can not do all these things with your computer or laptop or etc. etc......"

Technology changed this much
Attachments:

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp