LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted an event

7 Days Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on AI IN EDUCATION AND RESEARCH at Assam

October 9, 2026 at 6pm to October 15, 2026 at 7pm
3 hours ago
Namita Bayan is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
yesterday
Hemanta Kumar Biswal posted an event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
yesterday
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Sanjana Saini
Saturday
Sanjana Saini and S. Jaffer Basha are now friends
Friday
Shariyan Ahmed and INDU ROHILLA are now friends
Friday
S. Jaffer Basha joined Dr. Badan Barman's group
Friday
Dr.S.Raonak Salim left a comment for S. Jaffer Basha
Thursday
Dr.S.Raonak Salim updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. U. PRAMANATHAN and Dr. Anjaneya Naik are now friends
Thursday
Raj Tilak posted an event

6th LISACON 2026 at Bangalore. India

November 12, 2026 at 9am to November 14, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Paradip Sen Roy shared their event on Facebook
Thursday
Dr. Manoj Das posted an event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Paradip Sen Roy posted an event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Dr. Anil Kumar Jharotia posted discussions
Thursday
PINKEY RAI updated their profile
Sep 22
Dr. Mohan Laxman Jamdade updated their profile
Sep 21
Sanjana Saini and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
Sep 20
Dr. Gulshan Kumar Sachdeva replied to Dr. Gulshan Kumar Sachdeva's discussion Call for Paper - LPF Global Journal of Social Sciences and Management
Sep 20
OSS Prasad shared their event on Facebook
Sep 20

Dear friends,

Kindly suggest me for online or printed books or literature on library consortiums.

Thanks & regards,

H Karthiban

 

Views: 678

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Sri Karthiban Harikrishnan,

Thanks for your post.

As I can recall, there are several articles on Library Consortia & INFLIBNET/UGC-INFONET in UNIVERSITY NEWS.

Besides I have read a good article by Dr. Preeti Mahajan of Punjab University( it may be Punjabi University; I can not remember exactly!) in IILR (Intl Inf. & Lib. Rev) published probably in 2012/2013 on Library Consortia & UGC INFONET. It is an Elsevier Journal & I believe you will get reference in the Internet.

Incidentally, I have left all the reprints/copies of papers I had collected over the years at my last institute before my retirement. As such,  What I am writing, is from my memory only. Besides, you may consult the link a href="https://www.minitex.umn.edu/Communications/Director/ConsortiaOverview.pdf.%3E" target="_blank">https://www.minitex.umn.edu/Communications/Director/ConsortiaOvervi...;

It is Ms Horton's Overview on Library Consortia. I believe it will give you an insight to the basic issues of Library Consortium.

In case you have access to Guide to Indian Periodical Literature, you may get some more Indian articles/Articles on Indian perspective about Library consortia. It is a Quarterly publication with One Annual Volume which is a cumulation of all the four issues. In case you have access, you can consult the annual issues only and you will get to know of all articles  for a year. 

You can also go through the paper by Dr. Jagdish Arora on INFLIBNET/UGC-INFONET published in Current Science (probably in 2013) You can get free pdf of the full article from Current Science Archive.

I am sorry as I could not provide you the exact references/citations but I believe that you may collect them with some serious efforts.

Good Luck for your search

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Respected Dr. Siddhartha S. Ray,

Thanks a lot for your detailed, great information. It is really very useful information & guidance. I will follow the same.

I have observed your replies to professional's queries in LIS forum several times, You have used to give detailed clear information which very useful to the professions. I wish to convey my thanks for the guidance, support and spending your precious time to respond to the queries.

I would like to get few more information from you. kindly share your email id or mobile number.

My email id: hkarthiban@gmail.com

Mobile No. 8428128007

Thank you! 

Regards,

H Karthiban

 

 

Thanks Sri Karthiban Harikrishnan,

As a co-professional, I try to respond to the posts on the basis of my capabilities; just as that.

If my replies are found to be helpful/useful for the forum members, I certainly feel happy and be grateful to my teachers and associates from whom I get to know of those things. I also always thank my jobs & assignments which taught me to learn things which I try to explain in my posts.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

<sidsray@gmail.com>

Respected Dr. Siddhartha S. Ray sir,

Thanks for your acknowledgment & remembering your teachers and associates.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

H Karthiban

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp