LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Ashutosh Joshi is attending Hemanta Kumar Biswal's event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
17 hours ago
Profile IconShubhanshu Vishwakarma, KAMALDEEP, Dk and 13 more joined LIS Links
19 hours ago
Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
yesterday
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
yesterday
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
yesterday
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
yesterday
Dr.Giriraj Halkar posted a discussion
yesterday
CHIKKUDU VENKATA MURALI updated their profile
yesterday
Dr. Badan Barman and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
yesterday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Dr. Manoj Das's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
yesterday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
yesterday
Jayvardhan Singh updated their profile
yesterday
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Pallavi Sushant Sapkal
Wednesday
Anju sagar posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"Dear All Librarian, PFA Call for Book Chapters/Research Papers for Edited Book To be Published with ISBN under IIP International Publi"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you upCall for Chapters Transforming Libraries in the Age of AI: Towards a Smarter Knowledge Ecosystem to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Tuesday
Ankush Nandkishor Makode shared Dr. Badan Barman's group on Facebook
Monday

Dear Friends, A Librarian sent me this poem. I would like to share

Yes I'm a librarian..............
Behind that doctor,
Is me, a librarian...........
Behind that economist,
Is me, a librarian..........
Above those astronomers, is me, a librarian..............
I carry the light even though they mostly make jokes of me...........
Behind all those teachers,
Is me, a librarian..........
I don't qualify for a BPL house nor earn enough to buy an expensive one.............
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Some think or even say that I don’t have work, and I am spending time with teachers and students, and yes I do. I have to spend the time behind all the teachers and students to know their requirements at their convenience, and keeping my work aside…
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Some think or even say that I don’t have work, I spend most of my time on internet, and yes I do. The information getting on their e-mail and providing web2.0 service and maintaining website requires time to spend on internet.
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Some think or even say that I don’t have work, I spend most of my time on mobile, and yes I do. The documents required by them is reaching in time by communicating with vendors and reminding journal suppliers to get the same in time and providing instant information as SMS or whatsapp services require mobile usage and it also requires high end mobile, I have to spend money from my pocket to provide up to date information to the users….
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Some think or even say that I don’t have work, I spend most of my time with higher authorities and in admin office, and yes I do. The new initiatives in library require meetings to convenience the authorities and to get work done from admin staff requires time.
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Students and academicians are enjoying holidays, I am working alone (in office and home, family is also on holidays) regularly and getting stock verified, and evaluating my work during the academic year and planning myself to prepare for the next academic year.
Because I am a librarian.
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Some think or even say that i don’t have work, i spend most of my time on research and development work, and yes I do. I have to be abreast with new development in the ICT to update myself, teachers and students…
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Although I am considered as equal to teachers, I am very much depressed by discrimination by authorities and my own teaching community because I am alone nobody is there to support me .......
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
Despite all that I am a librarian and I have to support the teaching and learning...
The main source of inspiration is our teacher getting awarded and appreciated for their work and the students are reaching new heights in their life and facing the challenges of the world…
Because I am a librarian........
It doesn't matter how they look at me,
it doesn't matter how much more they earn than me,
it doesn't matter that they drive while I walk, because all what they have is through me, a librarian.. Whether they acknowledge me or not......
I am proud to be a librarian...........

Views: 388

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Prakash Sinh,

The Writer Librarian is really appreciated for this wonderful poem!

This will really make all the library personnel to think beyond the depressions and move on towards the achievement with self motivation and encouragement.

Thank you very much for sharing this excellent poem wherein the enormous effort of Librarian (s) is emphasized.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep Mitra

Information Officer,

Indegene, Bangalore 

Dear Sri Prakash Sinha,

Please convey my appreciation to the person concerned.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Nice poem written with true  practical experience

Nagaraj M N, Bangalore

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp