LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

Very tough to get a govt. job especially for Library Professionals

Dear friends,

I have been applied and appeared in written tests and interviews for so many govt. jobs. In most of jobs I saw that, the internal candidates already working on temporary or contract basis get selected for the post. 

Why they call outsiders for these types of written test and interviews, if they are already having such capable people on contract basis. More or less in all Govt.organizations the situation is same in this regard. What to do in this case?

Views: 1873

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Sir i think no one will take this serious,

simply all will write their comment on this forum that's all..!!!

In practical no one will not come forward to initiate voice,

I request my all LIS Professionals colleagues to take step to make our voice loader until, we reach our goal..!!!     

I am agree with you. Recently I had given interview in DRDO as Sr. Technical Assistant (Library Science) and librarian in KVS but not finally sellected. Govt jobs are limited. I had felt in interview that the board want experience. I have Master Degree in LIS. In my state condition of libraries is poor specially in academic  libraries. Library Act is not imlemented. There are so many vacancies in Inter Colleges for the post of librarian. " EK TO RESERVATION UPAR SE KAM VAC" MATLAB EK TO KARELA UPAR SE NEEM CHADHA".

Keeping in view of above the conclusion is " Need of movement".

Good Strock ! 

That's the problem of our country. We do not walk up and do tolerate until the scenario gets extreme troublesome, but we should awake and do some groundwork. 

i have passed Gujarat district court Librarian written exam in 2010.then no reply

That's my point na. I am not saying that in all jobs, but in most of the govt. jobs they have discovered a new way to provide back door entry by appointing on contractual or temporary basis then permanently by doing drama of written test and interview.

I too agree with this circumstance,

Leaving this profession, Is it truly forever solution?

I am aware the importance gov job. Leaving government job it can be also good solution  and keep our profession with  job

satisfaction in private institution & corporate sector. There are large numbers of vacancies in private sector also.

Why you people does not think for this point of view  ?

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind reply and suggestion. At present the scope is available but, in forthcoming time the question would be raised on our degree itself. Some organizations have already start giving preference to computer science professionals, for the post of Library Manager / Knowledge Manager. 

I think in such cases we should file the Writ petition agaist the post......why they r harassing us by such advt. & then posting the internal candidates....

I am also agree with all of you in Rajasthan condition is also so worsened,Govt also removed librarians post, rest no post has been published since last 25 yrs n govt. sector,to change the profession is not a permanent solutions ,If govt. can't provide the jobs than why the library sc. course is running,even a simple graduate can earn ,while a library sc graduate have no job.the situation is going to be very horrible and the private sector institues are taking its advantage they pay low salary because every year so many uneployed peoples are available

Hello all,

I am a little disagreeing with the post. I have appeared in 2 govt interviews and I have cleared both. It's all about how you impress and market yourself. There are so many professionals appearing for the written tests and interviews. The written exams are about testing your knowledge on the subject however interview is about choosing the best candidate who can handle awkward situations while working.

I agree (and have saw happening to many of my friends) that there are cases when interview board favours internal candidates.

Many posting their response seems to be very good in their respective field and will have their day........for sure.

keep believe in yourself and strive for expertise.

Thanks for your comment!

You are right in your way this is all about where no internal candidates are there, but I have raised the issue because in most of the posts the internal candidates are being selected. Do you think all of them are rightly richest in knowledge as well as impressive compare to other candidates? Your answer might be No, "not all internal candidates". Could it be the coincidence, that all the time internal candidates were best? Think it once.

Anyway thanks for your valuable comment !

I cleared many of the written tests. At interview time, the interview is all about to max. 2 minutes for all canditdates because internal candidates are already selected. Even in one of my interview, I knew the name of selected candidates  before starting the interview. It discourage me for filling the form for govt. jobs. Sometimes I filled the form but could not find courage to send it because of facing these scenerios.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop