LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Anju sagar posted a status
"What are you up to?"
1 hour ago
Namita Bayan and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
1 hour ago
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
8 hours ago
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"Dear All Librarian, PFA Call for Book Chapters/Research Papers for Edited Book To be Published with ISBN under IIP International Publi"
8 hours ago
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you upCall for Chapters Transforming Libraries in the Age of AI: Towards a Smarter Knowledge Ecosystem to?"
8 hours ago
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
8 hours ago
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
8 hours ago
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted an event

7 Days Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on AI IN EDUCATION AND RESEARCH at Assam

October 9, 2026 at 6pm to October 15, 2026 at 7pm
yesterday
Namita Bayan is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Sunday
Hemanta Kumar Biswal posted an event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
Sunday
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Sanjana Saini
Saturday
Sanjana Saini and S. Jaffer Basha are now friends
Friday
Shariyan Ahmed and INDU ROHILLA are now friends
Friday
S. Jaffer Basha joined Dr. Badan Barman's group
Friday
Dr.S.Raonak Salim left a comment for S. Jaffer Basha
Thursday
Dr.S.Raonak Salim updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. U. PRAMANATHAN and Dr. Anjaneya Naik are now friends
Thursday
Raj Tilak posted an event

6th LISACON 2026 at Bangalore. India

November 12, 2026 at 9am to November 14, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Paradip Sen Roy shared their event on Facebook
Thursday
Dr. Manoj Das posted an event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday

As I am retiring at the end of February, 2018 from LIS Links to re-dedicate myself to my Department of Library and Information Science, Gauhati University and plan to work in some other projects related to Library and Information Science, it's time to express my appreciation for the great friendships I have had here at LIS Links over the past 10 years. I have written two articles on LIS Links and I hope it will let all of you know about this wonderful platform. You can imagine the job of working as an administrator of a social network platform. It has really been rewarding and discouraging, carefree and tense, delightful and hateful days since 26th February, 2008.

 

The LIS Links platform will be entirely left to our dedicated LIS Links members and I feel good about them and their activity will be monitored by the moderators. I feel good that I am leaving my work in the capable hands of my moderators and dedicated members. Leaving entirely from LIS Links will not be easy and as such I will oversee the LIS Links from February 26, 2018 onwards.

 

I have genuinely enjoyed working with our professionals friends from all over India and beyond. I have loved my job as the creator, administrator, moderator and content contributor to LIS Links. I will miss my co-workers and will miss each of you dearly, but never fear; you haven't seen the last of me!

 

Whenever you make a plan to visit Guwahati, Assam kindly make a plan to visit the Department of Library and Information Science, Gauhati University too. I hope you will accept the standing invitation. Let's keep in touch!

Views: 2953

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Sir ,

 Its very shocking as you are retiring from LIS-LINK.you have done so much for all of 

us which we never forget.There is a major part of LIS-LINK to stand proudly in our 

profession.....Really we miss you lot.My best wishes are always with you for your new

assignment.

Thanking you.

Dr.Pravin K. Ghule

Akole, Dist-Ahmednagar

MAHARASHTRA

It is very shocking as you are leaving LISLINK. How ever we cannot forget your help and support given to our community. Best wishes

Dear sir, my best wishes .........all the best.

My best wishes to you..

Hello Dr Barman Sir

Grate Job ...best of luck for your new assignment. 

Please give some time this also because we required you and like you professionals you aggregate to all professional.

I hope you will hand over this type of duty to a responsible professional and and your guidance is also required till you are in this profession.

Dear Sir,

This is a shocking news to us..but Wish you all the best for your new assignment and good health too.

With regards,

Soumendu Roy
University of Gour Banga, Malda,W.B

Dear sir,
We miss you I wish you all the best God bless you
Sir, Best of luck for future.
Sir, Best of luck for your future projects. I will make a plan to visit the Department of Library and Information Science, Gauhati University to meet you and I would like to have a cup of tea with you. Sir, In India you connected thousands of LIS professional to share their views and opinions. LIS link is really a fantastic platform.

Hello Dr Barman Sir

Grate Job ...best of luck for your new assignment. 

Dear Sir,

It is really pleasuring working with LISLINKS as a member, Moderator. It will be difficult to work without a leader, and you have been leading and guiding us. How would I meet the requirements beyond my control? 

Thank you.

Dear Kumar,

I will here till February, 2018. I think yesterday I have promoted you and provide you additional responsibilities. I will workout on the guideline for each category of job and will distribute it to all of you. I am sure you will be able to perform well.

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp