LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Reeti Brar is attending Sunita Pareek's event
Thumbnail

Webinar on AI for Libraries at https://meet.google.com/fey-fjee-mdr

December 12, 2025 from 12pm to 2pm
9 hours ago
Reeti Brar and Shadiya are now friends
9 hours ago
Samidha Sandeep Yadav might attend Gopal Pandey's event
13 hours ago
shankar das updated their profile
16 hours ago
Namita Bayan is attending Dr. Divyanshu Gupta's event
yesterday
Namita Bayan might attend Rabishankar Giri's event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
yesterday
Rabishankar Giri posted an event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
yesterday
Dr Praggya Pandey posted a blog post
yesterday
Profile IconVANPARIYA ROHITKUMAR VALLABHBHAI, Bapan Chandra Das, Archana S. Mangave and 2 more joined LIS Links
yesterday
Dr. Divyanshu Gupta posted an event
yesterday
OSS Prasad updated an event
yesterday
Ankush Nandkishor Makode posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Saturday
Ankush Nandkishor Makode updated their profile
Saturday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted blog posts
Saturday
Ashutosh Joshi is attending Hemanta Kumar Biswal's event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
Friday
Profile IconShubhanshu Vishwakarma, KAMALDEEP, Dk and 13 more joined LIS Links
Friday
Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
Thursday
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
Thursday
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
Thursday
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
Thursday

Dear All,

Pls share your opinion

LISLinks "post of the month" may be awarded to the topic "KVS exam".

Let us summarise and give the final touch up, ask and share the opinion, questions and clear the doubts.

Thank you. 

Views: 1929

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Thanks Munesh for your post.

You are absolutely right,

I also noticed that "KVS Exam" related posts are quite large in number (a dozen) in the forum these days.

The posts made me both happy & sad.

Happy because, I am delighted to notice how sincere & serious the young generations in our field are!

I am sad because I could realise how keenly they are seeking for "School Library Jobs" in "Government Sector"!

These two have two underlying issues; the first exposes the scarcity of vacant positions in our field;  while, the second speaks in the favour of attraction to Govt. jobs - the 'in-service' financial benefits and for the Social Benefits beyond service period.

But above all, what struck me most, is the mindset of our young generation to serve the Nation through Govt. Service. This is really commendable!!

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Thank you very much, Sir, for your value evaluation, guiding remark which is a multi-directional analysis of the current phenomenon related to KVS.

Sir,  whenever I saw a post in the forum column asking for the help, syllabus, and books etc. (useful for KVS exam) I used to reach at a point by reading their posts and I could figure out that members/applicant were much worried about this(KVS) opportunity, they wanted to put full efforts to grab the position.

Few thing which made me very much worried; like many people and applicant seem were not known about the KVS librarian exams or the syllabus, they could be guessed thinking KVS exam questions are something like never known before.

Sir your points make me a very clear to understand the situation that "it is because of the lack of jobs". 

I always try to help the LIS professional; many times I have also been asked for the tips and syllabus, and question. I did not know what to tell to happen the desired one, but I advised and referred/recommended to read more books, NET Syllabus, Salve NET questions and all everything which individual mind could ask for. I appreciate the sincerity of the applicants(of KVS) but sometimes I felt bad with their level of understanding(not knowledge) and their requirements.
KVS applicant should be self-driven at their level and lead by the various documentary evidence.  

Thank you.

Dear Munesh,

You are right. KVS Examination, UGC NET examination are hot topics.

I have login to the site and goes through each and every content that are posted in the last one month in LIS Links. I have seen a lots of discussions with the same objectives. I dont know how they got the approval. There must be mistakes on the part of the moderators. Again, in the events page, same events posted twice or thrice. It was not an objective of the LIS Links to waste the group time of the LIS professionals who used to subscribe our content by Email or follow through social networking platforms. With this mess, I am deeply hurt from inside.

Honor and Quality of the content must be taken care by the person posting the Information. 

Dear Sir,

I wanted to discuss and request to LISinks members on the forum issues. Many people post unwanted things and some people put twice and thrice the same things which are already been discussed and announced. People are not serious about their content publishing using LISLinks Platform. 

Many times I canceled many posts but people sent message/chats and ask why their posts are not being canceled rather approved. And, they put again. Even I opposed (using comment/reply box )some posts, but I realized that my views taken wrongly. 

Sometimes, it is very difficult for the forum moderators on two posts taking on the single issue in halfways under the same heading. If cancel hits to their sentiment and obviously hurt the interest. 

It is very difficult to control from our side. But, LISLinks members can do that, they can think of the honor and quality of their posts. 


Sir, Kindly correct me if required. 

Thank you. 

Sir,

But the people are using this platform as a marketing site for selling books etc.. Instead of being resource for LIS professional now a days its becoming kind of advertisement site.

I hope you will look further.

Thanking You

Regards,

Kunchok Bhutia 

Yes, Madam.

It is very true, there the people talk about the selling of their products using this platform. They will talk two lines for the profession and then they will try to attract the innocent peoples for buying their solutions. 

People must be serious about the profession.

Thank you. 

can any one guess how many candidate have applied for the kvs librarian post

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp