CALL FOR CHAPTERS FOR THE EDITED E-BOOK ENTITLED
“GOOGLE ERA LIBRARIANSHIP: TOOLS, TECHNOLOGIES AND SKILLS”
M.V.Muthiah Government Arts College for Women
(Affiliated to Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal)
Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India.
Librarian ,Einstein College of Arts and Science
(Affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli)
Seethaparpanalur,Tirunelveli,Tamil Nadu, India
Dear LIS Professionals& Friends,
- We feel immense pleasure to share that we have planned to publish an edited e-Book entitled “Google Era Librarianship: Tools, Technologies and Skills”.
- The edited book will be published with ISBN.
- We take this opportunity to extend our invitation to you to contribute research papers/article related to the topics as a chapter for publication in the e-book.
- We expect to include papers of eminent Academicians / Library Professionals / Scholars / Students in the field.
Recommended topics, but not limited to, are:
- Tools and technologies for resource acquisition in libraries
- Tools and technologies for resource description
- Tools and technologies for resource organization
- Tools and technologies for resource storage
- Tools and technologies for rendering library services
- Tools and technologies for reaching and retaining users
- Tools and technologies for assessment / evaluation of resources, services, users and library
- Tools and technologies for information literacy programmes
- Tools and technologies for web 2.0 and 3.0 based library services
- Tools and technologies for library management / administration
- Tools and technologies for library reporting, presenting library statistics
- Tools and technologies for information repackaging and marketing
- Tools and technologies for office management (library routines); library record management
- ICT skills, Networking skills, digital literacy skills, information literacy skills for LIS professionals
- Soft skills, social skills, professional skills for LIS professionals
- Skills to use Google products for library management and services
Important Points to note and adhere to:
- Case studies, surveys, new initiatives, practical demonstrations and application oriented papers are most welcomed.
- The chapter should clearly indicate the title of the paper, Name of author and co-authors, affiliations, full postal address with telephone / Mobile no. and email-id.
- Length of paper: 1000-1500 words (5-10 pages), single spaced, 12 point font size, Times New Roman, Justify Align, MS Word format (A4 size).
- Abstract should not exceed 100-150 words and keywords up to 5-8.
- APA style should be used for rendering in-text citations and References.
- Tables and Figures may be incorporated into the text of the paper as close to where they are first referred.
- Send a passport size photo and brief resume of all authors.
- There is no publication charge.
- The papers will undergo Urkund plagiarism check. Papers with less than 20% similarity index will be accepted for further reviewing and publication.
- The authors and co-others of the accepted papers will have to submit a scanned copy of Declaration & Copyright form through e-mail id.
Important Dates to remember:
Last Date of Article(s)/Chapter(s) Submission : 30.10.2020
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection/Re-Submission : 10.11.2020
Final Article(s)/Chapter(s) Submission : 20.11.2020
Declaration & Copyright Form Submission : 25.11.2020
Book Publication : January 2021
Submissions and queries can be mailed to: