LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted a blog post
9 hours ago
Pallavi lamba updated their profile
12 hours ago
Profile IconShalini Singh, Pratima S. Pandey, Gobinda Patel and 1 more joined LIS Links
23 hours ago
Rahul Devkant updated their profile
yesterday
ASHOK KUMAR MISHRA posted a blog post
yesterday
nidhi singh updated their profile
yesterday
Profile IconLIS Links now has leaderboards
Thursday
Profile IconRaj Stephan Murmu, Jyoti Amit kumar Solanki, Mumtaz Nazir and 3 more joined LIS Links
Thursday
Anant Kulkarni updated their profile
Thursday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita was featured
Thursday
Dr. Chhavi Jain and Shadiya are now friends
Wednesday
Reeti Brar is attending Sunita Pareek's event
Thumbnail

Webinar on AI for Libraries at https://meet.google.com/fey-fjee-mdr

December 12, 2025 from 12pm to 2pm
Tuesday

Hello All..

Greetings..

I am an Engineering Graduate and completed my BLIS and doing my MLIS in Distance Mode 

I am looking for a jobs and I am willing to do PGDLAN in Regular Mode.

Kindly help with best institution for PGDLAN in Regular Mode with Placements..

Views: 2079

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Tata Institute of Social Science

Thank you sir .. Is it admission are still open..

Hyderabad University

Thank you sir

As my opinion TISS is the best for PGDLIM, I am also completed PGDLIM from this institute.

 

How about the placements sir

I think placement for LIS professionals is not like Engineering/MBA/Medical. You may get job in this profession on basis of your personal efforts. 

Ok sir Thank you 

You can Try Punjab University Chandigarh PGDLAN by distance learning. if you wants any help you cancontact me at 8054358768

Thank you very much sir .. sure I contact you for the guidance.

Hi, Hope your doing well,For regular PGDLAN you have very limited options as follows:

PGDDLDM from IGNCA,Delhi and PGDLAN by G.M. University, Sambalpur, etc.(If you come accross any more options, kindly update me as well)

Well, I personally suggest you to focus on clearing MLIS and then UGC-NET and UGC-SET. Do not worry about online mode as long as your degree is from UGC-DEB recognized proper university.After MLIS take up any entry level job in a Library and then generate experience atleast of 2 years and meanwhile you can complete part-time PGDLIM/PGDLAN from top universities like TISS, University of Hyderabad,etc. You should build your qualification as per your desired library to work in the field.In fact if you really want to learn in regular mode, I suggest you to do PGDCA or PGDIT from nearby colleges/ institute's which are affiliated to UGC/AICTE.I am sure there would be plenty such colleges with variable fees.

I Hope you found this Information helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Patil,

LIS Professional

Great sir.. Thank you very much as you told it is good to follow UGC NET or SET primarily and then focusing on PGDLAN is better...

Thank you so much for your guidance..

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp