First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India
Society for Promotion of Library & Information Science and Yoga (SPLISY) Lucknow, U.P. is registered society under The Society act XXI of 1860 It is non-profit organization for support to LIS and yoga field.
Location: LUCKNOW U. P.
Latest Activity: Oct 22, 2019
Issues and Challenges for Development of Public Libraries in India
Organizer: Society for Promotion of Library, Information Science and Yoga , Lucknow
Society for Social Welfare and Educational Development, Lucknow
Pustakalaya Vriti Unnati Sewa Sansthan, Faizabad
Venue: MLRSM Auditorium, D-23, UPSIDC, Industrial Area, Sarojini Nager, Lucknow (UP)
Subject: Request for Participation and Article submission
We are organizing National Seminar on Issues and Challenges for Development of Public Libraries in India.The details are given below:
• Problems, Issues, Challenges and Best Practices for Public Libraries
• Role and Responsibility of Public Library in present scenario
• Adult Education, Distance Education and Public Libraries.
• District Libraries and District Development
• Mobile Libraries and Development of India
• Status of Public Libraries in India
• Needs of Rural Libraries in India
• Utilization of Public Library act for Development of India
• National Public Library act: Role, Responsibilities and Needs
• State Level Public Library act: Case or Comparative Study
• Library Associations : National and State Level
• Role and Responsibility of Government for the Public Libraries. • Role, Responsibilities and Utilizations in RRRLF for the Public Libraries
• Finance Problems in Public Libraries.
• TQM Approach to Public Libraries
• Marketing and Promotion of Services in Public Libraries
• Emerging Technologies in Public Libraries.
• ICT Applications in Public Libraries for Development of India
• E- resources in Public Libraries
• Transforming the Public Libraries in Digital Era
• Changing Management of Public Libraries in Digital Era
• Technological Challenge in Public Libraries of India
• Case study : Indian Public library as State Level Public Library, District Library, Block Library , Tahseel Library , Village Library and other Rural and Urban Library
Dates to Remember:
• Last Date for Submission of full paper November 1, 2014
Early Bird Registration November 06, 2014
(On spot registration not available)
• Accepted papers will be included in the Seminar volume, only if Registered on or before November 06, 2014
• Seminar Date December 13, 2014 Registration Details:
Rs. 500/- Professionals/ Academicians/ Research scholars
Rs. 300/- Students
( The Registration will include seminar Kit, Tea & Lunch and seminar Volume (if available).The duly filled registration form along with a cheque/ Demand Draft in favour of “Society for Promotion of Library, Information Science and Yoga payable at Lucknow” should reach to the convener latest by 06th November , 2014.
Paper Submission Guidelines for Authors:
Authors are requested to follow the guidelines given below
• The paper will be accepted in both medium (either in English or in Hindi)
• Name of author’s their address, e-mail, phone numbers should clearly be mentioned on the paper.
• Paper should be typed in A-4 size paper using single space with one inch margin on each side. The text should be typed in English 12pt size using Times New Roman/ Hindi 14pt size using krutidev10 (other font not acceptable).
• Text should be justified on both ends and start with a title followed by Author’s, Abstract, Keywords, main text, Reference and appendices.
• Title should be descriptive and concise and should not exceed 50 characters. Abstract should not exceed 200 characters.
• Main text (without the author details) should be concise and total number of pages not exceeding five including references, appendix, table and figures.
• References should be cited in the text and should be listed in alphabetical order of the first author’s surname.
• At least one of the authors must pre-register for seminar.
• The manuscript of the article should be ( in doc format) sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Note: All paper submission should be forwarded electronically to the seminar Organizing Secretary as MS Word File with copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, the papers should strictly follow the submission guidelines.
We are expected to participate and Looking forward for your co-operation. Thanking you, ask for any query, please contact-
Mr. P. K. Shrivastva,
Librarian, Motilal Rastogi School of Management,
D-23UPSIDC, Sarojini Nager. Lucknow (UP)
M-09454930946, 08604165200 Mr. Afroj Alam
Organizing Secretary, NSICDPLI-2014
Librarian, Eram Medical College and Hospital, Lucknow(UP)
This group does not have any Forum yet.
Add a Comment