LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Profile IconKamalesh Dinda, Dr. Shivaganga and ASWIN T joined LIS Links
1 hour ago
Dr. Chhavi Jain and Shadiya are now friends
2 hours ago
Reeti Brar is attending Sunita Pareek's event
Thumbnail

Webinar on AI for Libraries at https://meet.google.com/fey-fjee-mdr

December 12, 2025 from 12pm to 2pm
yesterday
Samidha Sandeep Yadav might attend Gopal Pandey's event
yesterday
shankar das updated their profile
yesterday
Namita Bayan is attending Dr. Divyanshu Gupta's event
Monday
Namita Bayan might attend Rabishankar Giri's event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
Monday
Rabishankar Giri posted an event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
Monday
Dr Praggya Pandey posted a blog post
Monday
Profile IconVANPARIYA ROHITKUMAR VALLABHBHAI, Bapan Chandra Das, Archana S. Mangave and 2 more joined LIS Links
Monday
Dr. Divyanshu Gupta posted an event
Monday
OSS Prasad updated an event
Monday

Hello All..

Greetings..

I am an Engineering Graduate and completed my BLIS and doing my MLIS in Distance Mode 

I am looking for a jobs and I am willing to do PGDLAN in Regular Mode.

Kindly help with best institution for PGDLAN in Regular Mode with Placements..

Views: 2073

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Tata Institute of Social Science

Thank you sir .. Is it admission are still open..

Hyderabad University

Thank you sir

As my opinion TISS is the best for PGDLIM, I am also completed PGDLIM from this institute.

 

How about the placements sir

I think placement for LIS professionals is not like Engineering/MBA/Medical. You may get job in this profession on basis of your personal efforts. 

Ok sir Thank you 

You can Try Punjab University Chandigarh PGDLAN by distance learning. if you wants any help you cancontact me at 8054358768

Thank you very much sir .. sure I contact you for the guidance.

Hi, Hope your doing well,For regular PGDLAN you have very limited options as follows:

PGDDLDM from IGNCA,Delhi and PGDLAN by G.M. University, Sambalpur, etc.(If you come accross any more options, kindly update me as well)

Well, I personally suggest you to focus on clearing MLIS and then UGC-NET and UGC-SET. Do not worry about online mode as long as your degree is from UGC-DEB recognized proper university.After MLIS take up any entry level job in a Library and then generate experience atleast of 2 years and meanwhile you can complete part-time PGDLIM/PGDLAN from top universities like TISS, University of Hyderabad,etc. You should build your qualification as per your desired library to work in the field.In fact if you really want to learn in regular mode, I suggest you to do PGDCA or PGDIT from nearby colleges/ institute's which are affiliated to UGC/AICTE.I am sure there would be plenty such colleges with variable fees.

I Hope you found this Information helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Patil,

LIS Professional

Great sir.. Thank you very much as you told it is good to follow UGC NET or SET primarily and then focusing on PGDLAN is better...

Thank you so much for your guidance..

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp