India's First and Largest Social Network for LIS Professionals
Address: Bombay Science Librarians’ Association (BOSLA), C/O.: Dr. Muttayya Koganuramath, Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, P.B. No.8313, Deonar, Mumbai - 400 088
Telephone: 91-22-25513350 and 91-22-25525281
Mobile: 91-9967570481/ 9223581494
Latest Activity: Oct 17, 2016
The initiative was then taken by the librarians of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (B.A.R.C.), Department of Chemical Technology, Bombay University (U.D.C.T.), Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T.), Bombay and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (T.I.F.R.). They started meeting frequently to discuss and explore the possibilities of developing closer ties than routine inter-library loan. As a result of these efforts, the Bombay Science Librarian's Association (BOSLA) was formed in October 1975.
Dr. S.K. Havanur
Dr. V.A. Kamath
Objectives of the Association
1. To improve the services of the Bombay science libraries.
2. To cooperate actively so as to benefit mutually by the resources available to the libraries.
3. To strengthen the financial resources of the science libraries in Bombay.
4. To raise the professional standard of library staff in the Bombay science libraries.
5. To improve the status and service conditions of the library staffers in Bombay.
6. To maintain liaison between the professionals and the Government.
This group does not have any Forum yet.
Add a Comment