First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India
No.F.1-2/2016 (PS) Amendments
10th January, 2017
The UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff and Other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards of Higher Education, 2010 have been amended vide University Grants Commission (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) (4th Amendment) Regulations, 2016 and the same have been notified in the Gazette of India on 11th July 2016.
In the aforementioned UGC (4th Amendment) Regulations, 2016, Category III of the API Tables of Academic Performance Indicator (API) for Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) and Direct Recruitment, alongwith other conditions, provides for API score for Refereed Journals, as notified and identified by the UGC.
The Standing Committee constituted by the University Grants Commission for identifying journals in different domains of knowledge has approved the List of Journals attached along with for the purpose of Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) and Direct Recruitment of teachers and other academic staff as required under the University Grants Commission (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) (4th Amendment) Regulations, 2016.
UGC Notice Regarding UGC approved List of Journals for the purpose of Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) and Direct Recruitment of Teachers and other academic staff as required under the UGC (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges) can be downloaded from the following links
Recent Updates: The recent notification from UGC under the heading Journals Removed from UGC-Approved List of Journals says that "The UGC has received complaints about inclusion of poor-quality or questionable journals from faculty, researchers, other members of academic community as well as from press and media representatives. Considering these complaints, the Standing Committee on Notification of Journals re-evaluated every journal title recommended by universities as well as those indexed by Indian Citation Index on filtering criteria defined by the Standing Committee. Based on careful scrutiny and analysis, 4305 journals are removed from the current UGC-Approved List of Journals because of poor quality / incorrect / insufficient information/ false claims."
The list of journals removed from approved list is available at https://www.ugc.ac.in/journallist/4305_Journals.pdf
In addition to these journals, 191 titles covered in Indian Citation Index are pending for evaluation by the Standing Committee on Notification of Journals. The list of 191 journals pending for evaluation is available at https://www.ugc.ac.in/journallist/191_Journals.pdf
Recent Updates (08/01/2019): The UGC approved / recognized / recommended journals in all subjects can be viewed and downloaded from the following link
Thank you very much for posting this update.
Does it mean that the point will be granted to individuals at the time of interview for the post of Asst Prof only if they have got their papers published in these journals only.
Its nice if we get special list of journals from LIS
Please anyone can provide subjectwise list of journals.
Sharing list of UGC Approved list of journals for LIBRARY and INFORMATION SCIENCE Subject.
1. SRELS JOURNAL OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
2. DESIDOC BULLETIN OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
3. ELECTRONIC LIBRARY
4. ELECTRONICS INFORMATION & PLANNING
5. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice
6. History of Science and Medicine Library
7. IASLIC BULLETIN
8. INDIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION, LIBRARY & SOCIETY
9. INFORMATION STUDIES
10. Intelligent Systems Reference Library
11. International Information and Library Review
12. INTERNATIONAL LIBRARY MOVEMENT
13. Annals of Library and Information Studies
14. Advances in Library Administration and Organization
15. African Journal of Library Archives and Information Science
16. Australian Library Journal
17. Balkan Studies Library
18. Bodleian Library Record
19. Brill's Humanities in China Library
20. Brill's Indological Library
21. Brill's Inner Asian Library
22. Brill's Japanese Studies Library
23. Brill's Tibetan Studies Library
24. Canadian Journal of Information and Library Science
25. CANADIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION AND LIBRARY SCIENCE-REVUE CANADIENNE DES SCIENCES DE L INFORMATION ET DE BIBLIOTHECONOMIE
26. COLLNET JOURNAL OF SCIENTOMETRICS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
pls provide the list of indian journal in library science approved by ugc
List of Library & Information Science Journal Approved by UGC
how I find the subject wise list of ugc approved journals?
thank you very much
Thank You Sir Ji. Nice effort.