LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Profile IconLIS Links now has leaderboards
16 hours ago
Profile IconRaj Stephan Murmu, Jyoti Amit kumar Solanki, Mumtaz Nazir and 3 more joined LIS Links
17 hours ago
Anant Kulkarni updated their profile
17 hours ago
Bidyut Bikash Kalita was featured
yesterday
Dr. Chhavi Jain and Shadiya are now friends
yesterday
Reeti Brar is attending Sunita Pareek's event
Thumbnail

Webinar on AI for Libraries at https://meet.google.com/fey-fjee-mdr

December 12, 2025 from 12pm to 2pm
Tuesday
Samidha Sandeep Yadav might attend Gopal Pandey's event
Tuesday
shankar das updated their profile
Tuesday
Namita Bayan is attending Dr. Divyanshu Gupta's event
Monday
Namita Bayan might attend Rabishankar Giri's event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
Monday
Rabishankar Giri posted an event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
Monday
Dr Praggya Pandey posted a blog post
Monday

There is any university/institutions offering three years degree in Library Science after 12th.

Dr. Subhash Khode 

Views: 1585

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Mr.Subash.

So far, no universities or institutions have offered three-year BLISC courses after the 12th grade.

Eligibility for admission to BLISc is based solely on the 10+2+3 or 12+3 pattern.

As you know, BLISc is a one-year course that follows a degree.

 I found only 

B.A. LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE (HONORS) but not B.Lib.

I do not know this degree is equal to B.Lib.

Sambalur Univeristy

Attachments:

Good to Know. 

I would like add here that some of the colleges in foreign countries (Jamaica, Saudi Arabia etc) are offering 3 years/4 years BA in Library science/Librarianship

University of Calcutta offers 3 years B.A./B.Sc. (Honours) degree in Library and Information Science.

To see details follow the below links :

https://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/LibrarySc.html

https://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/LibSc/courses.pdf

I feel very happy about the University of Calcutta is having new BA /B.Sc Lib. I.Sc - three year degree programme, 5 years integrated and the 1 yr B.Lib.I.Sc and 1 yr M.Lib.I.Sc ( for those who have finished UG / PG Degree)

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp