I-KOAL 2024 at MIT WPU

February 15, 2024 to February 16, 2024
Apr 10
Anil Kumar Jharotia updated their profile
Apr 9
Dr. Kundan Jha updated their profile
Apr 8

Dear friends,

Last week I attented training on “Innovative and Emerging Technology for Library Professionals” in which we were informed that the copyright act regarding Intellectual property was amended in 2012 and this act allows us to digitized any material ( i.e. books) available in our library and put on our Intranet but not on internet. This will not be a violation of law. 

But friends I am not able to collect the copy of the law where it is exactly mentioned.  Can anybody tell from where the exact amendment made in law can be taken, so that I can get approval by mentioning that attached copy showing the amendment made in 2012 regarding digitization of books.

Views: 1226

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Sir, I will go though it and if there will be any difficulty, I will again ask you. Yours is a great help. With sincere thanks,

Shiromani

thanks

Dear Mr. Manjunathji,

very good morning, I go through this, but could not find my answer. Then I wrote to WIPO about my query, they also advised me to confirm the same from Dy. Registrar of Copyrights, Copyright Division,  Department of Higher Education,Ministry of Human Resource Development,          New Delhi : 110001 which is India's authorised deptt. to answer my question. I have written mail to them, may be I will get reply. or suggest how can I get my answer or any legal person who can clarify in this regard.

Regards,

Shiromani

Thank you Manjunathji for finding and posting.

Welcome sir.

Friends

I dont understand this argument that any digitization is allowed in the intranet but not on internet. I can sight you one example:

Suppose I digitize a book and upload on our intranet but in these days of mails and internet available how can you check if some one sends the same book to his/her friend on internet. Wont it become available on internet too.   If you have some mechanism to obstruct it please let me know too.

regards

vrt

No sir, we fix the right from our server that it will be readable only , no downloading or photocopy will be allowed so that there is no voilation of law. It will be used within organization only for reading purpose.

Yes madam you are right there are some softwares are also available for this it will not giving permission to copy or download the documents.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop