LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Dr. Divyanshu Gupta posted an event
1 hour ago
OSS Prasad updated an event
3 hours ago
Ankush Nandkishor Makode posted a status
"What are you up to?"
yesterday
Ankush Nandkishor Makode updated their profile
yesterday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted blog posts
Saturday
Ashutosh Joshi is attending Hemanta Kumar Biswal's event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
Friday
Profile IconShubhanshu Vishwakarma, KAMALDEEP, Dk and 13 more joined LIS Links
Friday
Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
Thursday
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
Thursday
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
Thursday
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
Thursday
Dr.Giriraj Halkar posted a discussion
Thursday
CHIKKUDU VENKATA MURALI updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. Badan Barman and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Dr. Manoj Das's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Paradip Sen Roy's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on "Library Automation Using Koha" at Online

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday
Jayvardhan Singh updated their profile
Thursday
S. Jaffer Basha left a comment for Pallavi Sushant Sapkal
Wednesday
Anju sagar posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Sep 29
Sangeeta Manohar Sonawane posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Sep 28

Steps to Delete Imported Bibliographic Data from Koha

Hi everyone, 

I have installed Koha software (version 16.05.01.000) for my library. I had imported bibliographic data 2-3 times for trial. Now I have to delete the already imported data and have to import the fresh one. I have tried different ways but still I can see the data in OPAC. I request to all Koha experts here to help me fix this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Views: 1156

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Thank you so much ma'am for replying, I have posted a question on spoken tutorials.

Hello Ma'am

Firstly you need to undo the indexing of your imported file if you want to delete the data from the front end.

And if you have any query related to KOHA you can post your questions and also see the videos on SPOKEN Tutorial developed by IIT,Bombay and IGNOU.

Thank You

Madam,

There are steps and video tutorials uploaded at YouTube and another internet sources, you can refer any of them. Still, you don't find any clue then we can assist you with further. 

This could be helpful to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1nLx3cLOZU

Thank you. 

Munesh Sir, 

Thanks for the suggestion and video link.

But I have already gone through that video and also have commented the same question in the comment box of the same video.

I have to delete 4-5  test files and not batch items. Please help if you can advise further. 

Thank you!

Hello Madam,

I saw the comment. But, one thing I did not understand, "what is the format of those files?"

As I can figure out these those files could be some of the pictures(?) or logos showing in the OPAC or something else? If not then I need to access your machine by some remote connections.

Thank you. 

Hello Sir,

I think the image that I am attaching would clear the concept of files that I want to delete.

Further, it would be great if you can have access to my system. Do let me know about your availability.

Thank You

koha%20problem.PNG

Hello Madam, 

It's only the data in your database. You can try cleaning the database tables using SQL queries. You may refer to the link https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_delete.asp for information. 

Apart from the above link here, a very specific solution is also provided, you may try this also 

http://kohageek.blogspot.com/2017/12/delete-records-in-koha.html

Hope this will work with you.

If it doesn't work we will learn using TeamViewer. 

Thank you. 

Hello sir,

I tried this solution:

http://kohageek.blogspot.com/2017/12/delete-records-in-koha.html

But I think I am going wrong somewhere either typing or something else the commands given. Kindly let me know if you can try the same in my system through team viewer.

Thank You

Even you can replace the old records with the new records. 

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp