First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India
SALIS invites applications/nominations from the members of LIS community for the following SALIS Awards for the years 2018, 2019, 2020, 20221
1. SALIS - Dr.Harish Chandra - Sushila Chandra National Best Librarian Award (Sponsored by Late Dr. Harish Chandra, Librarian, IIT Madras)
2. SALIS – AutoLib: Tamilnadu Best Librarian Award (Sponsored by AutoLib Software System, Chennai)
3. SALIS – AutoLib: Tamilnadu Best Young Librarian Award (below 40 years) (Sponsored by AutoLib Software System, Chennai)
4. SALIS - A.N.Marappan Memorial National Best Young Librarian Award (below 40 years) Sponsored by Dr.A.M.Venkatachalam, Director (Library & Student Affairs), KSRCT, Tiruchengode
5. SALIS - S.M.Venkidusamy Memorial Best Public Librarian Award (State Level award) Sponsored by VK.Tamizhini, Secretary, Namathu Bharatham Trust, Athani, Erode Dt.
6. SALIS – EDUSYS Dynamic Librarian Award (Sponsored by EDUSYS)
7. SALIS - Dr.R.Srinivasan Memorial Special Appreciation and Meritorious Service Award (Research in LIS)
8. SALIS - Mrs.Jannath Najeemunnisa Beegum Memorial Special Appreciation and Meritorious Service Award (Women LIS Professionals)
9. SALIS - Mr.G.G.Sivakumar Memorial Special Appreciation and Meritorious Service Award (Active Member)
10. SALIS - Dr.A.Essaki - Memorial Special Appreciation and Meritorious Service Award (Public Library)
A committee constituted by the President, SALIS will select a suitable candidate for each award among the nominations/applications received strictly based on the criteria fixed for the award. If suitable candidates are not found for the award, the committee will nominate deserving LIS professionals strictly based on the criteria fixed for the award.
All the awardees will be presented a memento, shawl and citation during the SALIS 2022 - National Conference organized by SALIS and K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode – 637215 on 14.10.2022
The last date for receipt of application/nomination is 15.09.2022
Application forms are available for download at www.salis.in or send a mail to the Convener, Award Committee - email@example.com
All the details of the awards, eligibility, instructions, application form, etc are available at SALIS website @ www.salis.in
The filled-in application form along with the supporting documents (hard copies) should be sent by post only (E-mail will not be accepted) to:
The President, SALIS, 32G, 2nd Main Road Sabari Nagar Extension, Mugalivakkam Chennai - 600 125.
Please note that we will not accept softcopy by e-mail
1. Applicant should be a citizen of India.
2. The applicant should be a working library professional who holds at least a bachelor's degree in library science or its equivalent.
3. Interested professionals should apply in the prescribed application form only
4. Senior professionals can also nominate deserving candidates using the prescribed application.
5. The application form can be obtained from the General Secretary, SALIS or downloaded from the SALIS website (www.salis.in). Downloaded application as per the instructions given should reach SALIS office on or before 15.09.2022
6. A committee constituted by SALIS will scrutinize the received application/nomination forms from eligible candidates and select one applicant for each award based on the criteria set for the award. If a suitable candidate for each award is not found, the committee will nominate eligible candidates for the award strictly based on the criteria for the award.
7. Please note that applications with documentary evidence will be accepted only in hardcopy. The Softcopy of the application will not be accepted.
8. The decision of the committee constituted by SALIS, to select the candidate for the award is final.
9. Award Committee has the right to post-pone or cancels the award
10. Please visit salis.in for more details about the awards and download the application forms.
11. All correspondence should be addressed to the ‘The President, 32G, 2nd Main Road, Sabari Nagar Extension, Mugalivakkam, Chennai – 600 125