First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India
To promote research in LIS, MANLIBNET-Bharat Book Bureau (3B) International Travel Grant of about Rs. 65000/- a year is given to MANLIBNET members for presenting an original and unpublished paper in an International Library Conference held outside India.
Terms and Conditions:
* Grant shall be given to MANLIBNET (http://www.manlibnet.in/ ) members only. They would become eligible for this grant preferably after 3 years of regular membership.
* The grant shall cover registration, travel and accommodation charges. Visa Application fee shall not be covered by the grant.
* Winners of the award shall be free to apply to other funding agencies to meet the shortfall, if any. However, the same needs to be disclosed to MANLIBNET.
* Application for availing travel grant shall be supported by letters from conference organizers about acceptance of paper and invitation to attend the conference.
* Winner of the grant shall not be entitled to apply for next five years. Limit shall be 3 years if there are no other applicants during that particular year. Winners of the grant, however, shall be free to apply for any other travel grant constituted by MANLIBNET in the future.
* If for any reason, the candidate for the above grant is not available in a particular year, two delegates may be sent the next year.
* The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding.
The Committee may reject all applications without assigning any reason.
* Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
* To keep the accounting process simple, MANLIBNET would encourage the awardee of the grant to use the full amount of this grant either for registration, travel or accommodation expenses.
* Upon receipt of MANLIBNET's confirmation about the grant, the awardee would send self-attested copies of the invitation, paper acceptance communication to the General Secretary, MANLIBNET (refer to MANLIBNET website for postal address).
* On completion of travel, the awardee has to submit original bills (for an amount equivalent to the grant given by MANLIBNET) to MANLIBNET.
Such bills may include air tickets, boarding passes, registration fee receipt, hotel bills etc.
* A written declaration has to be submitted to the General Secretary, MANLIBNET within 30 days of returning to the country stating that the grant has been utilised for the purpose it was given to the awardee by MANLIBNET.
* In case, for any reason, the awardee is not able to avail the grant, he/she will refund the grant amount in full to MANLIBNET within 30 days of returning to the country.
* The awardee will be required to send a brief conference report to the President/General Secretary, MANLIBNET within 30 days of his/her return to the country.
* The awardee will be required to share his experience of the travel/paper presentation with delegates of next annual MANLIBNET conference. For attending the conference, MANLIBNET will not provide any financial support to the awardee. However, registration fee will be waived off for the awardee.
* In case of any breach of contract/agreement/terms & conditions (as stated above), the awardee will refund the entire grant amount to MANLIBNET within 30 days of receipt of any communication to this effect from MANLIBNET Award Committee.
* In case the awardee (on receipt of communication from MANLIBNET) accepts the above, he/she may print all the terms and conditions on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/-, give a declaration that he/she accepts all terms of the grant, sign it and send the same to Dr. Akhtar Parvez, University Librarian, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032. E-mail: akhtaronline at gmail.com
Applications should reach the General Secretary at AKHTARONLINE at GMAIL.COM] by September 13, 2019.