LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Plan to Close Free Event Posting: Suggestions are welcome

Respected forum members,

LIS Links is a completely free to use social networking platform for Library and Information Science professionals. As on today, we have 17,652 members in our network. I think you already aware about the fact that the fund for running the network comes from the Google AdSense. However, during present time the fund that is generated from Google AdSense become insufficient to run the network. It made us think to put our once abandoned Infolinks Ads and later on affiliated Amazon link over the LIS Links website along with Google AdSense ads to cover the cost of expenditure. However, all options seems to be ineffective.

In the first part of the year 2015, we also seek donations for our LIS Links News (http://lisnews.lislinks.com). The result was too poor. So, now we are thinking to stop the free event publicizing over LIS Links website. Those who are interested to publicize any event (seminar, conference, workshop) through LIS Links will be charged Rs.1,000/-(all inclusive) and in return we will publicize the event to all our reach. The event will be consider for publicizing through the following ways-

LIS Links Main Website: http://www.lislinks.com- 17,652 reach.

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LISLinksIndia:  7,368

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/lislinks: 6,697

Email Subscribers: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lislinks: 6,002

Besides, the event also will be publicize through our SMS Channel, Twitter Profile, Google Plus page and LIS Links Newsletter. In simple, anyone by paying Rs.1000 will be able to reach 20,000+ professionals through LIS Links.

Kindly note that LIS Links plan to close free event posting from 15th May, 2015 and once this comes into effect we will drop four advertisement from the LIS Links website (three Google AdSense Ad link and Infolinks ads). All these will mean more quality content for you.

If you have any comment / suggestions kindly drop it under this thread before 14th May, 2015 (Midnight).

Views: 2578

Replies are closed for this forum.

Replies to This Forum

Hello Sir ,

I think it is not good to charge for event posting . I think  another way should decide to over come fund problem. we should consult the Library Associations for Funds.

Dear Arora, All association including IASLIC is facing fund problem. Thats why they are repeatedly asking for donation in their newsletter.

Yes agreed with Mr. Munesh Kumar's suggestion .
Everyone know the gravity of LIS Links.This platform helps thousands of LIS Professional's for their various informational needs like, Problems and Issues in LIS Field, Job Searching, Events, LIS Alerts, News, Chat session for discussing problems, preparing for competitive exams Like NET/JRF/Interviews, UGC NET Guid , Questions and many more. I am sure no other platforms functions like LIS Links.

I am greatly appreciate the effort of Dr. Badan Barman for building such a Valuable Platform for LIS Professionals.    

All this required a lot of Time ,Energy and Funds. So nothing wrong if start paid membership.

Thank you dear Bhatt. I will not comment on success. However it is true that everyday from the year 2008 onwards, I am giving a minimum of 3 hours of my daily time to develop this website and its associated services. To be frank, it is not easy to do it for 7 years. I hope, it is the high time to announce my retirement. :-) Everyday I have to edit the Blog, Forum, Photo, Video that member post, should approve the new sign up by verifying their profile details, should ban the spammers who are posting useless post in fourm, blog or in group, should reply to the problem where members seek administrator help and so on and in return this platform give me a wide recognition. I am very much thankful to all of your support. This platform wouldn't have in its present position without all of your support.

Dear Barman Sir,

i have a Idea for paid membership, in LIS LINK more than 17000 members are registered every member will pay 1/- Rs. per month @ 12 Rs. annually. membership charge is so nominal. you will collect 17k every month for smoothly operating LIS link . another idea 200 Rs. fee annually is not good for every LIS members.who will not be pay so its automatically cancel membership. 

LIS platform is a brilliant idea sir and thanks you for give such a wonderful platform. in this platform every members get a good information regarding job, events and chat with professionals.  

Thanking You

Santosh Kumar Kori

Indian Law Institute, New Delhi

Why don’t LisLink as a brand organize annual/ semi annual unconferences/conferences/Workshops on LIS fields burning themes with an appropriate membership fee in various prominent cities?

Experts from LIS Teaching, Research and Library fields will clarify the doubts.

Doubts can be even from how to run a library without software ? to How to build a federated retrieval system?

For a good cause I think the experts from our fields will never charge any fee; since LisLinks is also free of cost and it is a way to support and stretch our discipline.

Why don’t with the experts solutions (Relevant questions and answers ) LisLink as a publisher release some books?

Like how the service works, technology implemented…etc.

LisLink as a medium does not need any tips for the content compilation strategy and policy. My words are here because you are there in the back-end of it Server, Sir, Salutes…

Experts Assistance Provision:

With this much contacts, it will be easy for LisLinks to create an expert panel on softwares, who are ready to tackle on the spot solutions free of cost (Yes, with TA/DA). If any software crashes, the concerned Library will contact LisLinks with a minimum contact assistance fee, and lis links will arrange further assistance from the local area contacts. Here the TA/DA should be the responsibility of Library. I think any library at such moment will agree for that, anyway it is for the survival of LisLinks and thus for our group.

Note: This is just some ideas to consider. I think, the proper way to get a solution is to define the problem with all related terms and collect all nearby solutions as far as possible. At this stage we need to grab whatever coming from any person, here the quantity matters. Then sort it out by according to the feasibility and suitability.

For a better world

Subeesh AC

Pune

Dear A C,

Thank you for your suggestion. I think the expert or doubt clearing is really a good idea. The event cannot be organized with the registration fees alone. Every time we have to depend on some grant from RRRLF, National Library, ICSSR, UGC or such bodies.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop