LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Plan for 2012: Report of the Survey with Personal Comments from the Administrator

On Friday, December 30, 2011 LIS Links sent a small questionnaire to its members through broadcast message. Within 24 hours 433 people responded to the survey. The result of the survey is shows in the following

LIS Links Survey

Besides the above, a few people raised some issues that are listed in the following with my personal comments appended.

LIS Links should conduct training courses in Open Source Softwares and its Utilities (Koha, DSpace, Moodle, etc)

In the year 2012 we would try to collaborate with some agencies in organizing such training programmes and such type of programmes will be broadcast to all the members of the LIS Links site.

Should conduct workshop in Digital Library

Kindly consult the above comment.

Should conduct training on communication / presentation skills of LIS Professionals

Should conduct training on Web 2.0 technologies and its application in libraries

Should arrange online training programme

We are really thinking to make some progress in this regards. I hope you will see some audio and video lectures in the last part of 2012.

Make a weekly topic for discussion through webinar / chat / discussion forum

This is a good suggestion. We would take it into consideration for the year 2012.

LIS Links should raise voice towards revision of syllabus of LIS Programmes

As an online community we can only raise voice but the implementation still lies with the authorities.

Try to do improve professionals status (uniform leave rules, scale)

Do something for enactment of Library Legislation

Opening a tab for LIS Matrimony

Though we don’t promote gossiping over the site, still LIS Links have sufficient provision of contacting each others and making a relation. By this way you can find your own way.

Opening a tab for Download

(Open Source Software, Seminar / Workshop Videos)

Soon you will see a tab for “Download”.

Providing a tab to disseminate Research Questionnaires

See LIS Links spends a lot in server and software. We have to recover that cost. So we made disseminating the research questionnaire a paid service of LIS Links. Kindly consult paid option for more information in this regard.

LIS Links should look like a community than a single person’s child

Yes, some people contributed a lot towards the site, and so they are promoted a little bit. I think it is justifiable. Even if you devote sometime towards the site to achieve its goal then you will also get that opportunity. But we are still a community and not a single person’s child. See, in the apex level there must be someone to take care of it, it’s just like a traditional organization that have a director, secretary and so on.

Remove the payment mode for membership

We already removed the paid membership option of the site. The lists of paid members are available over the site. Now we run on advertisement and donation.

Opening a new tab for MPhil / PhD in LIS Links

We disseminate the MPhil and PhD related information through the LIS Links site. You can search for such information over the website.

A new tab for NET/SET examination containing questions and answers as well as write up on each and every topic of the syllabus

In our history we tried it but ultimately failed to achieve due to lack of support from our members. Still we are planning to give a second touch to it.

There should be a nominal fee for getting membership of LIS Links

In our history we tried it but ultimately failed to achieve due to lack of support from our members.

Releasing a newsletter from LIS Links

Make an Indian LIS Directory

Starting Mobile SMS Alert Service

You can still subscribe the news of the site as free and forced SMS, consult our Alert service area.

Maintaining the authenticity of the members of LIS Links

LIS Links have sufficient provision of identifying fake profiles including automatic spam detection, contacting through mobile number (it’s a private question in the profile page), etc.

Provision of identifying the fake profiles

Providing email address of the LIS Links Members

Previously we used to provide email address of the members, and then the members start receiving a lot of junk message. So, finally we stopped them. However you can reach each members of the site through scrap message as well as by using email system of LIS Links site.

Disseminating job information timely

(as soon as possible)

LIS Links is your site. It’s your responsibility. We can only achieve it through strong support of our members.

New information should be disseminate quickly

Avoid the duplication in the posting

Present write-up on latest development

We are thinking to achieve it through the journal which is yet to be launched.

LIS Links may be registered as an association / society

I am sorry, but still I am not in favour of it.

Simplify website interface of LIS Links

Oh! Are you really finding difficult to follow the LIS Links site? I cannot believe it! Yet, yesterday we again made some changes to look it simple. Now is it ok?

If you have any other question or queries you can post it in this thread.

Views: 1402

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Dr. Badan Barman,

I appreciate your efforts towards this forum for Library professionals/students. I am also agree with the view like others, that there should be a training program in library science.

The training program should be weekly. For e.g. from Monday to Friday "Digital Library Management"one topic should be cover. so that the topic will covered thoroughly with experts views.

various views of the members with their question & answer on the topic should also be contribute.

Respected Sir,

I am new in the library field. I am looking after library of my office. My office library is carrying all the routines working required for any library. I want to do something creative for my office library. I have no idea what to do? Kindly suggest.

With regards,

Respected Sir,

I am new in the library field. I am looking after library of my office. My office library is carrying all the routines working required for any library. I want to do something creative for my office library. I have no idea what to do? Kindly suggest. My email id is bajajshiromani@iocl.co.in

With regards,

@SHIROMANI BAJAJ
Kindly post your query in a separate forum page.

ok sir.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop