LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Namita Bayan is attending Dr. Divyanshu Gupta's event
1 hour ago
Namita Bayan might attend Rabishankar Giri's event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
2 hours ago
Rabishankar Giri posted an event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
2 hours ago
Dr Praggya Pandey posted a blog post
2 hours ago
Profile IconVANPARIYA ROHITKUMAR VALLABHBHAI, Bapan Chandra Das, Archana S. Mangave and 2 more joined LIS Links
2 hours ago
Dr. Divyanshu Gupta posted an event
5 hours ago
OSS Prasad updated an event
7 hours ago
Ankush Nandkishor Makode posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Saturday
Ankush Nandkishor Makode updated their profile
Saturday
Bidyut Bikash Kalita posted blog posts
Saturday
Ashutosh Joshi is attending Hemanta Kumar Biswal's event
Thumbnail

National Conference on “Intelligent and Smart Digital Library (ISDL-2026)” at IIT Kharagpur at IIT Kharagpur

December 21, 2026 at 9am to December 22, 2026 at 6pm
Friday
Profile IconShubhanshu Vishwakarma, KAMALDEEP, Dk and 13 more joined LIS Links
Friday
Dr. Badan Barman posted an event

7th National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML– 2027) on “Contemporary Approaches to Libraries: Emerging Technologies, Services, and Skills at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka

January 29, 2027 at 10am to January 30, 2027 at 5pm
Thursday
Shariyan Ahmed posted a blog post
Thursday
Dr. V. Senthur Velmurugan posted an event
Thursday
Biswaranjan Jayanti Manna posted an event
Thumbnail

IASLIC 31st National Seminar 2026 on Adaptive Libraries: Resilience and Innovation at Bansuri Guru Auditorium, Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

December 28, 2026 to December 30, 2026
Thursday
Dr.Giriraj Halkar posted a discussion
Thursday
CHIKKUDU VENKATA MURALI updated their profile
Thursday
Dr. Badan Barman and Paradip Sen Roy are now friends
Thursday
Umasankar Mahata is attending Dr. Manoj Das's event
Thumbnail

Two-Day Online National Workshop on Library Automation Using Koha at Cooch Behar, West Bengal

October 2, 2026 at 11am to October 3, 2026 at 5pm
Thursday

Respected Professional Members

Myself Tapesh, young LIS professional looking to enroll for Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree, I was going through various universities advertisement regarding Ph.D. admission including private Universities. I have some concerns/issues before I take admission especially with regards to private Universities. In this regard I want clarifications

1.  Are Private Universities need to follow UGC guidelines to award Ph.D., Because I had come across several private universities taking admissions without the existence of PG department in Library and Information Science

2.  Are Universities are bound to follow Plagiarism Guidelines as per UGC notification 2018, I see a lot of variations from university to university

3.  Regarding Publishing papers during doctoral research is mandatory, UGC list of Journals (recently UGC has removed a list of journals) or SCI indexed journals

4. If Universities fails to comply as per UGC guidelines, is there any possibility of retracting degree


I kindly request my senior professionals to guide me, so that I can pursue my PhD


Thanks in Advance

Views: 657

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Professional,

Do not prefer enrolling for  Ph,.D to Private Universities

in India 49 Central Unversities 

399 State Universities is there

This is my suggestion 

The suggestion by  Dr. M.SURESH BABU  is very important , pl prefer govt. Institutions with full Authentication , criteria & expenses to complete the work is desired by you.

Than SIngh Niranjan ( M. Phil. )

S.L.I.A., C.L., B.S.I., G.O.I., M.O.E.F.C.C., Howrah

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp