LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Any Simpler and Free Library Automation Software than Koha?

Hello All,

Hope you are having a good day. I am new to this forum and new to LIS in general. I found this resourceful site Googling the difference between Accession No vs Call No vs Book No, and I must confess that's all I know of library automation. 

Two weeks ago, my friend asked to help digitalize our local library which has over 12,000 books. Being a software developer and one totally ignorant of the problem at hand, I readily said yes and installed Koha. After a week of fiddling, my friend came back saying Linux was hard, so I reinstalled Koha on windows for them. They did manage to get over 3000 books into Koha but now they find Koha to be hard for an average volunteer to use. Most people who manage books here work as clerks or primary school teachers and volunteer their time in library.

So now I am looking for a simple free alternative that a minimally trained layman can use, if possible running on windows. Any suggestions are welcome. 

Greetings,

Nahar

Views: 1114

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Easylib Software can help. It is not free but reasonably priced. 

Sir, in reference to youe email, I would like to suggest to say that u may find and install EBOSCO Library Software licensed version and u can run this software upon Windows platform.

With regards

Amit C

I make library software and can easily handle i provide some reasonable price i also used in library.

Dear sir,

You can even go for E - Granthalaya software.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop