- Apply Online: As per the decision of the admission committee, submission of Admission Application Form for the M.L.I.Sc. programme will be done in the online mode only. Website: https://admissions.guportal.in/
- Admission Strictly Based on Entrance Test Score: Students who apply for admission in the M.L.I.Sc. programme will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Test only and as per rules of the University for all students irrespective of any university they belong to as in the previous years.
- Entrance Test Details: The entrance test will be of 100 marks of 2 hours duration. Out of the total 100 marks, 70 marks will be in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to be answered in OMR sheet and 30 marks will be descriptive type questions. In the MCQs for every wrong answer there will be ¼ negative marks.
- Syllabus of Entrance Test: The Syllabus for the Entrance test will include General Knowledge, General Awareness, Indian History, Indian and Assamese Literature and Language, Environment Science, General English, Mathematical Ability, Computer, Internet and Basic Concept of Library and Library and Information Science.
- To appear in the entrance test kindly bring your Admit Card, Payment challan / money receipt, any original photo identity card for verification and a recent Passport size photograph.
- International students seeking admission at the Gauhati University are requested kindly to contact the international relations wing of the Gauhati University, the office of which is now housed at HRDC buildings, Gauhati University or consult the webpage: http://web.gauhati.ac.in/irw/home
- The reservation of seats will be as per the rules of the Gauhati University. In case of lack of qualified candidate in any of the reserved category, the seat will be transferred to general category.
- A student who completed a P.G. programme from Gauhati University on an earlier occasion or got admitted into a P.G. Programme of Gauhati University, whether completed or not, will be considered for fresh admission irrespective of whatever quota he/she claims, if any, only when all fresh candidates including those from Waiting List and all statutory quotas including other quota like Extra Curricula, NCC, Fringe Village, etc. are admitted and seats remain vacant. Alternatively, he/she is not entitled to admission until the first timers are completely admitted subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. However, rule / resolution may be relaxed in case of professional programmes coming under the purview of regulatory bodies like AICTE, NCTE, BCI (programmes like MBA, M.Tech. LL.M., etc).
- Coupled with these, other rules of admission will remain intact (or as decided by the Admission Committee, Gauhati University) in preparing the provisional merit list.
For more information kindly consult
Admission Portal: https://sites.google.com/a/gauhati.ac.in/admissions/home
Information Brochure: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BbGjNwU5GUtX1ANM8SkM7F7M-w8OvEb-/view
Department Website: https://www.gauhati.ac.in/arts/library-and-information-science
You can also directly call our faculty members: Dr. Tilak Hazarika (9435093180), Dr. Dipen Deka (9435731470), Dr. Badan Barman (9864205166).