Library and Information Science Links
Institution: Azim Premji University /span>http://www.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in >
Designation: Resource Person (Library ? UG Campus)
The role currently requires independent charge of the Library function at
the Undergraduate Campus at Somapura. The work involves undertaking all
library related activities as well as coordinating with the Library team
at the PG Campus and supporting the APF District Institute libraries in
capacity building as a member of the University Library team.
Location: Somapura, Bengaluru
To apply: Interested candidates are requested to apply via email to
email@example.com with a Statement of purpose and detailed
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Undertake Azim Premji University Library core activities- Cataloging,
Circulation, Procurement, Serials Management, User services and KOHA
- Undertake sourcing of articles & books, reference services, creating
bibliographies, managing inter library transactions and ILS and DDS to
serve the UG campus community of users.
- Source and manage online databases and software packages based on user
- Coordinating with vendors and managing internal procurement process on ERP.
- Undertake upkeep and management of the library premises at Somapura to
maintain common standards.
- Any other work assigned by his/ her supervisor- the University Librarian.
Qualification and Experience:
- M.L.I.Sc with NET/ SET qualification
- At least 3 years of core library experience. Preferably with independent
charge of a college library.
Skills and Attributes:
-Knowledge of International and National Cataloging systems
Prior working experience of various library software (particularly KOHA or
- Knowledge of various library services
- Openness to learning
- Ability to coordinate with various members of the University community
- Ability to read and understand English at a fairly fluent level. -
- Knowledge of an Indian language such as Hindi, Kannada or Tamil will be
preferred, in addition.
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working on MS Office ( MS Word, Excel & Power point
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Commitment to excellence and understanding of liberal arts and sciences
domains for library support.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on tasks assigned within specified timelines.
- Open to discussions and idea exchanges within groups to evolve workplan
and fine tune to changing requirements of a growing organization.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Add a Comment