Reports to: Director Library Services
Overview of Department: To provide Library services to Students, Faculty and staff of Ashoka University
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in KOHA/DSPACE/and other digital initiatives of international standards holding M.Phil/Masters with Experience of 10-15 years in a Library of repute.
- The Librarian will improve, restructure and set up the University library so as to confirm with exemplary modern librarianship with present-day relevant professional development and digitalization in the library services.
- Achieve and regularly update collections of books and journals (both print and electronic), as well as websites; progress the research and instruction mission of the University by an associate in the pursuit for renewed information through distribution of pertinent knowledge.
- Adopt a culture of service in support of University students, faculty, and staff by academically contributing to them and communicating with them regularly disseminating relevant information.
- Deal with budgets in consultation with Director of Library as per the allocated subject areas/departments and acquire resources.
- Uphold relations with external agencies, such as suppliers etc.
- Work diligently in consultation with Director Library Services and University leadership such as Deans and focus on future library developments.
- Will motivate, and evaluate a Library workforce in association with job expectations, professional roles, and the University mission. A vital component of this duty will be to foster professionalism in the team.
Eligibility: (Education & Experience): Masters Degree, Ph.D preferred with 10 -15 years’ experience.
Skills sets required:Good Communication skills, pleasant demeanor, and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Venue of work:Ashoka University campus at Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Sonepat in the Delhi NCR
Days of work:This is a full-time role, Monday - Friday
The Library works 24/7 will have be available if required on weekends occasionally /can opt for 8 hour duty on rotation.
Drop your resumes at: email@example.com
Kindly View: https://www.ashoka.edu.in/page/workwithus-56