Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications from deserving candidates to the post of Assistant Project Manager and Senior Project Assistant for the project titled “History of Mathematics in India” (HoMI), which will document, research and propagate India’s contributions to mathematics.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
- Assistant Project Manager (01)
- Senior Project Assistant (01)
For Assistant Project Manager
- MBA, Masters in Library & Information Science (M.L.IS.c), or MSc.
- Good managerial skills and adequate experience of working with academia/industry.
- Adequate Computer skills
- Basic knowledge of Mathematics (Higher Secondary level).
- Basic knowledge of Sanskrit.
For Senior Project Assistant
- Candidate must have First Class Masters in Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc) or equivalent degree from a recognized university with a consistently good academic record.
- Should have a valid score of UGC NET/ JRF.
- One year of experience in developing and managing special collections, creating digital repository and management of an entire range of Life Cycle of Digital Library Materials.
- Candidates having expertise in using hardware infrastructure, including scanners & OCRS and open-source software tools (e.g DSpace, Greenstone) in creating and managing digital content will be preferred.
- Expertise in writing annotations and abstracts will be an added advantage.
- For Assistant Project Manager: Rs. 40,000/- to 48,000/- (consolidated + campus accommodation or admissible HRA), to be revised at the end of each year subject to satisfactory performance.
- For Senior Project Assistant: Rs. 30,000 to 35,000 Per Month (consolidated + campus accommodation or admissible HRA)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may submit their applications latest by 9 August 2020 through email to Prof. Michel Danino, Visiting Professor and Project Investigator, HoMI Project, IIT Gandhinagar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should include in a single pdf file:
- A brief write-up (one para each) on your relevant experience and your motivation to apply for this position;
- Up-to-date résumé with at least two references and their contact details;
- Scan of all relevant academic transcripts.
Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by August 15 and given further details.
For full notification, click the link below.