First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GANDHINAGAR
Palaj, Gandhinagar 382055, Gujarat
SENIOR PROJECT ASSOCIATE (for Institute Archive)
IIT Gandhinagar, an Institute of national importance, is setting up an Archive to put-together the Institute’s important documents (physical & digital) to serve as Institute’s memory/records for the future. The Institute Archive intends to identify, collect, organize, describe, preserve, and provide access to accurate, authentic, and complete records of the life of the Institute.
To help create and manage the archive by following set standards, guidelines, best practices as well as adopting specialized tools and technologies, the Institute invites applications for the following position from experienced, motivated, and skilled professionals having deep interest in documenting and archiving both physical and digital content.
1. **Name of post: Senior Project Associate (on contract basis only)
2. **Number of Posts: Two
3. **Duration of Appointment: One year (extendable two to three years)
4. Salary: Consolidated Monthly Pay: Rs.50,000- 70,000 Per Month (Consolidated). Salary outside this range may be considered depending upon credentials of the candidates.
5. Age Limit: Not more than 35 years (as on 15 December 2021)
6. Qualification, Experience & Skills:
· Candidate must have First Class Master’s in Library and Information Science (M. L. I. Sc.) or equivalent degree from a recognized university with consistently good academic record and should have a valid score of UGC NET/JRF.
· Minimum two years of experience working with archival and related materials (collecting, organizing, preserving, arranging, cataloguing, and describing, specially working with digital archival material, and managing electronic records).
· Post Graduate Diploma/ Degree in Archives & Records Management; Digital Library Management/Digital Content Management; ICT Application in Libraries.
· Experience in developing and managing special collections, creating digital repository and management of entire range of Life Cycle of Digital Library Materials.
6.3 Desired Skills
· Knowledge of archival software, archival best practices, and archival standards
· Demonstrated knowledge of digitization best practices and standards
· Proficiency in at least one of the Institutional Repository and Library Management Software along with hands-on of required software tools.
· Ability to organize and priorities the work with good project management skills
· Good communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
7. Job Description:
The incumbent will work for implementing defined Institute archival policies, collecting, selecting, cataloging, and managing access to, preserving materials and records of importance both in physical and digital form pertaining to Institute’s activities, events, and history. Will be responsible for creating an awareness about the archive and disseminate selected content through exhibitions, events, and other modes. The candidates will assist in preparing long term and short-term plans, policies, implementing and reviewing the same from time to time. They will be responsible for ensuring implementation of safe archival and record-keeping practices, undertaking digitization of selected records, and implementing the highest level of security and preservation of all types of collections added to the archive including photos, videos, audio, etc. It will also be important for the candidate to maintain the archive and manage digital content on web platforms for creating visibility and ease of access. He/She will be a part of a small but dedicated team of Institute library staff and will be required to work on other jobs assigned by the Librarian from time to time. The candidate should be highly motivated, result-oriented, and keen to learn new information and technology skills required for creating and managing a state-of-the-art Institute archive
8. Application Procedure:
Interested candidates should send their application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A brief write-up (one para each) on the relevant experience and motivation to apply for this position, must be sent along with résumé as a single file. Candidates are also requested to give at least two references with their contact details.
9. Deadline for application: The last date for application is 15 December 2021.
10. Mode of Selection: The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for written test and/or interview In-Person or Online, depending on the prevailing situation. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. The final selection of candidates will be decided on his / her merit and performance in the test/ interview.
Any queries relating to this position may be addressed to the Librarian email@example.com, IIT Gandhinagar, Palaj, Gandhinagar 382055.
Add a Comment