India's First and Largest Social Network for Librarians'
Male Library Assistant (One no.)
Age: Below 30 years
Name of the Institution: Indian Institute of Art and Design
Location: Okhla, New Delhi (Candidate from South Delhi will be given preference)
Working Conditions: Timings 9.00 a.m – 6.00 pm (Monday thru Saturday). Timings are subject to
change depending on requirement.
Work Experience: 01-02 years (minimum) (fresher’s with exceptional qualities can also be
considered (Candidates from south Delhi will be preferred).
Education: Minimum 12th Pass with Certificate/ Diploma in library science.
(Desirable- B. Lib.)
Job Description: The Candidate is expected to demonstrate reasonable amount of skills and
maturity in the following:
· Manage and maintain Library material (Shelving, cleaning, arrangement of library material).
· Photocopies for Staff & Students and manage its records.
· Mend damaged books.
· Assist students with locating library material.
· Check books in and out using computer system.
· Books and Library material check on the exit gate.
· Manage user’s record on entry.
· Process Newspaper, books, audio/visual materials.
· Answer routine inquiries, and refer users in need of professional assistance to librarians.
· Patrol library and ensure rules are being followed by users and maintain library decorum.
· Manage and maintain Library stationary, equipment’s, report if find any malfunction or shortage etc.
· Catalogue and classify library material.
· Register new users and manage records.
· Follow instructions and orders of Librarian and higher-ups.
Must have Skills and Abilities: The Library assistant should possess and exhibit the following skills and
1) Capability to take initiative and handle library tasks independently
2) knowledge of MS Office word/Excel
3) Should have the ability to work in a team
Salary: Starting Salary: Rs15,000/- Negotiable and commensurate with skills and
Apply on or before 12th August 2017.
Send Bio-data with photograph at: email@example.com /span>firstname.lastname@example.org>
Add a Comment