First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India
Post: Deputy Librarian
Location - Dehradun
Essential qualification//Competencies :
1. First class in Masters in Library & Information Science from recognized Universities.
2. Post-Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN).
3. Ph.D. Degree in Library Science/ Information Science /Documentation Science
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Evidence of innovative library services, including the integration of ICT in a library.
6. Minimum 8 (Eight) Years' experience as an Assistant Librarian/Deputy Librarian at University or College Level
7. Ability to represent the library effectively in all forums
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
1. Automation of library functions and services using KOHA ILMS, DSpace, RFID etc.
2. Interact with the academic community of the University in order to determine their requirements of reading materials, and acquires the same for the library.
3. Managing Online access to information
4. Provides reference services and documentation services to the faculty members, research scholars and students.
5. Implementing the latest tools and techniques (including Information Technology) and new services
6. Orientating library users about library resources and services.
7. Preparation and documentation of all relevant statistics of the section.
8. Monitoring the maintenance and upkeep work of the Library.
9. To contribute toward professional inquiry and research through publications, attending seminars and conference,
10. To develop programs of library management for improving the efficiency of the library.
11. Any other work assigned by the Chief Librarian
kindly email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date: 20th January 2021
Add a Comment