We are the 1st and Largest Network of Librarians in India with 26000+ Members
Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Ministry of Human Resource Development - Bangalore, Karnataka
Name of the Post & Department: Assistant Librarian in Central Institute of Indian Languages, Ministry of Human Resource Development)
Vacancy : 01- OBC (The post is identified not suitable for PH candidates)
Pay Scale : Rs.9300-34800/-with Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- (Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted).
Age Limit : 18 - 25 years (Relaxable by 3 years for OBC, Relaxable by 5 years for Central Government Civilian servants in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Government, Relaxable by 10 years for Departmental candidates)
EQ : (i) Degree of a recognized University.
(ii) Diploma in Library Science of a recognized University.
DQ : NIL
IP : Mysore with AISL.
1. Acquisition of books indexing, accessing & cataloguing. Reference if services to scholars and Departmental Officers. Maintenance, issue and movement of Library books and periodicals stock.
2. To register all bibliographies, items found in the library eg: books, computer, captions, files, graphics, cartography, materials etc.
3. Card catalog, users generation, online public access catalog.
4. Preparation of catalog cards, author cards, title catalog, key word catalog, systematic catalog, shelf list catalog, main entry, sorting, online catalog, descriptive catalog, subject cataloguing.
Cataloguing of Rules of various library materials and to assist Principal, Faculty Member, Staff & Teacher-Trainees, in classification system to use and to show what the library has collating objectives to assist in the choice of a book.
Collation i.e., assembly of written information into a standard order. Sorting of numbers: Numerical and Alphabetical, External links and references, Multilingual ordering, Unicode collation Name/Surname colony ordering Maintenance & library received, issue/daily news paper magazine, journal Stock entry of books processing of bills, checking of conversion rate, monitoring Financial assets of the Library etc.
To enable a person to find a book of which either identifying the objectives
(i) The author (ii) title (iii) subject (iv) category
5. Assistant Librarian of the Centre will supervise the work of the Library and guide the Officer I/C of the Library-Centre.
Closing date: Completed application forms should be received latest by 02.12.2011 - 5.00 P.M.
The application, complete in all respects, should reach the Regional Director (As per address given below) by 02.12.2011. In the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad their closing date for receipt of application would be 09.12.2011. Application shall be rejected if received late and/or not complete in all respects as provided in the rules.
Address to which the applications to be sent:
The Regional Director (KKR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Ist Floor, „E‟ Wing,
Bangalore – 560 034.
Add a Comment