We are the 1st and Largest Network of Librarians in India with 26000+ Members
Respected Professional Friends, Due to some unavoidable reason i could not attend "International conference on Collection Development in Digital Era (ICCDDE,2012), which is organised by University of…Continue
Started Jul 9, 2012
Respected Professionals, I urgently need following proceeding of following seminar:National Seminar on Collection Development in Academic, Public and Special Library andInformation Centres in Digital…Continue
Started this Forum. Last reply by HAR SINGH BISHT Apr 27, 2012.
1. Graduation from Delhi University in 2007.
1. Certificate in ICT Application in Libraries (CICTAL) from IGNOU in 2007.
2. PG Diploma in International Law and Diplomacy (PGILD) from ISIL, New Delhi in 2009.
3. PG Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE) from IGNOU in June 2011.
Work Experience- Having more then 8 year experience in the LIS field especially in Research and University Libraries..
1. Worked with Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi as a Library Assistant since July 2003 to Oct 2009.
2. Worked with OP Jindal Global University, Sonipat as a Senior Lib & Info Assistant as Octo 2009 to May 2010.
3. Worked with IGNOU since May 2010 to October 2013.
4. Presently working with Thapar University, Patiala as Assistant Librarian since November 2013 to till date
-Use of E-Journals / Periodicals & Collection Development: A Case Study of Central Library, University of Delhi in the partial fulfillment of the Degree of Masters of Library and Information Science.
CHAPTER IN BOOKS:
Mahajan, Preeti and Har Singh, “Institutional repositories in India with special reference to eGyankosh.In Dynamics of Librarianship in the knowledge Society”, 4 vols. Edited by Achim Oshwald and S M Zabed Ahmed. Delhi: B R Publishing, 2012. Vol.3 p. 1160-1168. ISBN: 978-93-5050-061-3 (set of 4 vols.)
-Har Singh, “Copyright Issues in Digital Environment”, Paper presented and published in the National Conference “Problems of College Libraries in Digital Era” on Oct 24-25, 2009 at Aggarwal College Ballabgarh, Faridabad.
-Har Singh, “Collection & Services of Public Library System in ICT era with special reference to TS Central State Library, Chandigarh”, on 56th ILA Conference organized by ILA and OPJGU on 21st-23rd July 2011. ISBN: 81-85216-44-6.
-Anil Kumar and Har Singh, “Newspaper Reading Habits at Choudhary Devi Lal District Library, Kurukshetra: A Study”, on 2nd CLA National Seminar on “Libraries in the Digital Era”, organized by Chandigarh Librarians’ Association (CLA) and Dev Samaj College of Education on 11th October 2013, pp. 6-12. ISBN: 978-81-909943-6-1.
-Har Singh and Anil Kumar, “NODLINET: An IGNOU initiative” on 2nd CLA National Seminar on “Libraries in the Digital Era”, organized by Chandigarh Librarians’ Association (CLA) and Dev Samaj College of Education on 11th October 2013, pp. 60-63. ISBN: 978-81-909943-6-1.
-Har Singh, “Licenses in Open Source Software (OSS): A Comparative Study”, paper presented at International Conference on Access to Legal Information & Research in Digital Age, 29th Feb-2nd March 2012, pp. 326-330, organised by National Law University, Delhi. ISBN: 978-81-923638-3-7.
-Har Singh and Anil Kumar, “Use of Social Networking Sites by the Research Scholars of Panjab University, Chandigarh: A Study”, in 58th International Library Conference of Indian Library Association, ‘Next Generation Libraries: New insights and Universal Access to Knowledge (ILANGL-2013)’ to be held at Dept. of Library and Information Science, Karnataka University, Dharwad on 24th to 27th February 2013.
-Har Singh, “Use of e-Journals/Periodicals & Collection Development: A case study of Central Library, University of Delhi”, Journal of the Young Librarians Association, Vol. 4, 2011, pp. 51-60. ISSN: 0975-4857 (Peer-Reviewed Journal)
-Har Singh (2013). A bibliometric analysis of the Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, 2009-2012. Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, 35. URL: http://www.iclc.us/cliej/cl35singh.pdf. ISSN: 1089-4667 (Peer-Reviewed Journal published from USA)
- Har Singh, ‘Citation analysis of Collection Building 2005-2012. Collection Building, Vol.32 (3), 2013, p. 89-99. ISSN: 0160-4953 (Peer-Reviewed Journal published by Emerald Group).
-Mahajan, Preeti, Har Singh and Anil Kumar, ‘Use of SNSs by the Research Scholars of Panjab University and Kurukshetra University: A Comparative Study” paper accepted for publication in Library Review, issue 8/9, p.525-546, ISSN: 0024-2535(Peer-Reviewed Journal published by Emerald Group).
- Har Singh, Use Pattern of E-Resources at AC Joshi, Library, Panjab University, Chandigarh – A Study, International Journal of Emerging Trends in Library and Information Society Volume 1, Number 3 (2013), pp. 163-169, ISSN: 2320-5040, published by Ocean Research Group.
Knowledge of Library Software-
Honors and Awards-
- University Gold Medalist in MLIS (2009)
- Facilitated by IGNOU Study Centre-0771P (April 2013), the felicitation honor given through HOD, DLIS, Delhi University, Delhi.
- UGC JRF Award (June 2009)
Application are invited for the post of Deputy Librarian / Librarian at Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab.
Har Singh Bisht
Posted on September 24, 2014 at 13:09
Professor (1-ST) and Assistant Professor (1-SC) Library and Information Science at IGNOU, New Delhi
Posted on May 30, 2013 at 21:26
DELHI PUBLIC LIBRARY
Library of National Importance
(Under Ministry of Culture, Government of India)
S.P. Mukherjee Marg, Delhi-110006
UPDATED ON 19-6-2012
Delhi Public Library, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India
invites application(s) from interested and eligible individuals fulfilling the requisite qualifications etc. as
Name of Post(s)
Posted on July 9, 2012 at 9:15 — 2 Comments
Application are invited for the post of:
1. Librarian As per UGC/BPSMV/State Govt rules Gen -01 37,400-67000+ 10,000 at B.P.S. Mahila Viswavidyalya,Khanpur Kalan, (Sonepat) Haryana.
For details, please click on following link:Continue
Posted on July 9, 2012 at 8:56