We are the 1st and Largest Network of Librarians in India with 26000+ Members
Many of My Students, Juniors and Friends ask me "Why MPhil Now? Is it valid?"
Just read the following lines...
1. What is Validity of a degree? Yes, in terms of NET exemption it is not valid. but it is a still a good degree. Think about pre-2006 Mphil. Why they did MPhil? Then there was no NET exemption.
2. Mphil has additional marks in College Librarian/ Univ Asst Librarian Interview.
3. If you join College/University with Mphil+NET, you will get 2 additional increment.
4. If you complete MPhil during service, you will be offered, 1 additional increment.
5. Once You have done MPhil with course work, you need not to go for course work again during PhD.
6. Easier to get a seat in PhD later.
7. With MPhil you will be promoted to Senior Scale in 5 years. Advantage of 1 year. normal is 6 years with out Mphil/PhD..
So, my friend, "SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING"
Go for MPhil at least, if you could not get a seat in Phd. .
I still regret for not doing MPhil during the priod 2007-08 when I was sitting idle for a PhD seat in GULIS.
good morning...thank for valuable information...
very nice sir.
Hello Majumder Ji
You are stated in your point no. 3 , "If you join College/University with Mphil+NET, you will get 2 additional increment"
I am working in the University as a Library Assistant and I have M.Phil + NET but I am not getting two additional increments. If you have any Rule or guidelines regarding additional increments given by the University with the qualification of M.Phil+NET, please send me on my E-mail ID i.e. email@example.com