LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Very tough to get a govt. job especially for Library Professionals

Dear friends,

I have been applied and appeared in written tests and interviews for so many govt. jobs. In most of jobs I saw that, the internal candidates already working on temporary or contract basis get selected for the post. 

Why they call outsiders for these types of written test and interviews, if they are already having such capable people on contract basis. More or less in all Govt.organizations the situation is same in this regard. What to do in this case?

Views: 1873

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Asha Ji,

we cant change the system ..!!!

Thanks for your kind reply and suggestion.

Dear Ritesh,

Keep patience with your efforts,Surely you will succeed in future.It is true that the future

of this profession is not bright.

My view is that, if they appoint employees on temporary / contractual basis, they do decide the easy criteria and most of the deserving candidates do not apply as its not a permanent job, that's only why lesser deserving candidates get entered in the job on temporary or contractual basis. 

Then when organization call applications for regular or permanent basis, they do select their internal candidates (lesser deserving people), thus more deserving people do not get the job in spite of their potential.

I am against this procedure only, I am not even saying that I am so deserving that I could be selected some where definitely.

I just want to draw attention toward this unfair method of selection procedure made just to open the back door entry of such candidates.

Mr Ritesh you are right and this is the truth.

Thanks Sir !

I too agree with all of u.lets call a national level strike and LIS people living in Delhi should take a lead as their voice wud b more focused towards the higher ups(parlimentarians).may b the law makers at the centre and states would get awaked.Besides leaving this profession at this level would not b a solution As we have to kept something solved for future professionals.hope u wud agree with me.

Yes Mr. Manzar Ahmad,

We must call a national level strike,

all states LIS professionals should come with unity and achieve our goal..!!!

It's Good Idea! 

Thanks for your comment !

Yes I totally agree with you.

Thanks for your kind comment !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop