LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Retirement Age for Assistant Librarian in College

What is the exact age of retirement for College Assistant Librarians?

Can anybody provide me with reference material for the same?

I have to produce it in my college.

Views: 2920

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Isn't this very old? it is of 2000 nearly 19 years. Any latest updates after this please?

Also I am in Mumbai. Any Maharashtra specific notification for the same please?

Thank you for your prompt response Shiva Kanakala

Madam As per the News Article published The Hitavada 

Date: 27 Jun 2016 11:59:27 

Teachers, Director, Deputy Director of non-Government aided colleges, Government colleges, Government institutions, non-agriculture university; Librarian, Assistant Librarian, Deputy Librarian of non-Government aided colleges will have the retirement age 62. The retirement age of Principals too increased from 62 to 65.

For Full Article : http://thehitavada.com/Encyc/2016/6/27/Govt-raises-retirement-age-o...

Thank you Shiva that was really helpful information for me. But do you have information of such notification in any govt gazettes? Like the UGC one which I have attached. But it is of 2000.

Attachments:

For details: AiCTe.pdf

Thank you dear.

Dear Ms. Satya P. Shetty,

Recently, the West Bengal Govt. announced 65 Years as Retirement Age of University & College Teachers including Librarians. The Govt. Order is available from posts in LIS Links. As such, I feel since Education is a State matter, you may  go through any govt. notification of the Maharashtra Govt.

Again, if the apex body UGC fix the retirement age, is it possible for any State Govt. to supersede that order?

As this may add confusion among Teachers & Librarians under State Govt. and Central Govt. Universities & Colleges.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Dear Siddhartha ji thank you very much for your reply. But I was asking about Asst. Librarian's post which in some colleges come under non-teaching staff category. Also I wanted any notification specific for Maharashtra state please.

Dear Ms. Satya P. Shetty,

Thanks for your post.

In West Bengal all College Librarians including Deputy & Assistant Librarians are treated as Non-Vocational Teachers. It is on the basis of a Govt. order. Never-the-less, the Education Dept. of Govt. of West Bengal has issued an office order way back in 1990s that all the Asst. Librarians and Dy. Librarians in Colleges under the purview of UGC will be RE DESIGNATED as LIBRARIANS.

The minimum ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION for College Librarians (including Asst. & Dy. Librarians if there is any) is

(1) Masters Degree with at least 55% PLUS B.Lib. Sc. with at least 55% marks OR M.L.I.Sc. with 55% marks AND

(2) QUALIFYING in UGC- NET.

The minimum qualifications for Teachers for entry in College is same (Masters Degree 55% in the subject +NET Qualify)

This means that the essential Qualification is at per with the Asst. Proffers in Colleges.

Similarly the Pay Scales are also at per with the Asst. Professors in Colleges. The "Asst. Professors" were designated as Lecturers  (AGP 6000) Sr. Lectures (AGP 8000)  in the pay scales starting with Rs.15,600/-  as Basic Pay on the basis of 6 CPC & Selection Grade Lecturers  (AGP 9000) starting with Rs.37400 as Basic Pay. All the Pay Scales are revised on the basis of 7COPC wef 01/01/2016

I have no idea about the required qualifications & Pay Scales in for Asst. Librarians in Maharashtra. You please check it with your State's requirement.

I hope I could explain the issue

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop