LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Rejection of Applications of NET Qualified Candidates Under SC Category for the UR Vacancy Post

Why some universities reject applications of NET qualified candidates under SC category?

Do you think they are not eligible for UR post?

Does any new rules published in this regard?

Does this is not a violation of reservation rules.

UR means unreserved, not general category.

NET certificate only required for the post of assistant professor, no issues in category wise cutoffs.

Source - http://www.bhu.ac.in/rac/racuploads/3/20191116150259/30369-%2023-11...

Note from LIS Links Administrator: Replies are closed for this forum as we have a clear cut rule regarding this and judgement of honourable court.

Views: 2493

Replies are closed for this forum.

Replies to This Forum

In "General" category a OBC, SC/ST candidate can claim a seat. But in "UR" they can not.

It simply means UNRESERVED. 

Post Gen. category ka raha hoga , ye unhe baad me dhyan aaya hoga, this is departmental mistake only. 

Dear Sri Sujan Saha,

Thanks for your post. This is indeed a very touchy issue. 

A simple resolution can be made in following way. Of course Govt. Rules MUST HAVE the provision as a prerequisite.

1. The candidate should score at least equal (and no less than) minimum marks to qualify NET as general Candidates of the qualifying year.

2. The Candidate should officially declaire that s/he will not claim any facility/relaxation etc.applicable to SC/ST etc. candidates throughout his/her service life.

In short s/he have to abandon his/her reserved category. 

If a candidate does this, certainly s/he should be inducted to UNRESERVED/GENERAL Category.

Hope it will be acceptable to all.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta 

Dear Sir,

why r u misguiding people by giving foolish and illogical hypothesis...NET/JRF is only eligibility not qualification. in UR category all candidates including OBC/SC/ST can apply but they will have to fulfill all other eligibility conditions like age , PG percentage etc. 

Dear Sri Kailash Chauhan,

Thank you for your post.

I really don't mind and rather appreciate your statements regarding my comments!!

Actually, during our tenure we had no NET and as such, we never encountered such issues and the meticulously differentiation of the terms "Unreserved" & "General" and "Eligibility"  & "Qualification" as you have so intelligently mentioned.

I shall very much appreciate if you please let me know the logical explanations of eligibility of a person who cracked an examination or "Eligibility Test" under a special category having lower qualifying marks. (I shall appreciate if you please rectify my statement in italics with suitable logical terminology) who otherwise would not become "eligible".

I need to know the clarification supported with any G/O (Govt. Order) making this just & proper as sometimes I am asked to sort applications for recruitment for various organizations and I commit such great mistakes because of my foolish and illogical mindset.

I repeat, I really appreciate if I can get any G/O in this regard.

Sincerely,

Dear sir,

No need to clarify...There is no rules regarding all this. U can go through all the recruitment processes like Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan , Navoday Vidyalaya Samiti , all Union territories the post of PRT and TGT where CTET is required. All recruitment process follows the same rule...Even latest example of MPPSC Lib recruitment for degree Colleges ...but respected sir if u have any circular other than this please share

The concept of General category is old. Now all the recruitment advertisement are as UR in place of Gen

Dear Sri Kailash Chauhan,

Thanks for your post.

I am content that there is no govt.rules.

So we can do according to our consensus!!

Thanks once again for this valuable information.

Sincerely,

Dear Chauhan,

I do not understand why you are attacking Ray sir on this. You are requested kindly to follow the following. The rule can be predicated like, if you have availed quota in qualifying the national level test like NET you cannot compete with the general category students to apply for a open post where UGC NET is mandatory. Before leaving a comment, kindly read this: https://thewire.in/law/reservation-law-india-sc-st-obc

Once They are qualified through reserved then they are qualified only, they are equal to general qualified, after that they can claim unreserved quota also. nobody can say they are reserved quota only.

unreserved means it is open to all, so anybody can apply (including reserved candidate)

Dear Sri Nandeesha,

Thanks for your your post.

This is indeed a touchy issue as I mentioned at the very onset of my post.

Here I am narrating an incident in a different note altogether, but I feel you will understand the inherent philosophy.

I went for pilgrimage last year and in a temple there was a gong  (Big bell which is called "Ghanta" in Hindi and Bengali) hanging high above. It was evening and the rush of devotees was comparatively less than day time. I learned from the Pujari ji that those who can ring the bell are blessed by the deity. I had the lure of being blessed but the Gong was too high  and was beyond my reach. I looked around and by the grace of God, I discovered a stool lying in one corner. I  just brought the stool and stood atop. and by jove, I could reach the gong and I ranged the bell. I was so thrilled. as I was able to ring.

The next morning, I again went to that temple to watch the deity in His 'Morning Shringer'  there was heavy rush. When I reached under the Gong, so many people were there and I looked around for the stool but I could not find any. This time a barefoot me without the help of the stool could not reach to ring the bell. 

Actually, in real sense a barefoot me was unable to ring the bell. I could ring the bell only when I was privileged with the height of the stool!!

Sincerely,

Dear Sir,

I would like explain by an Example,

As we all know that in most of the temple all are free to enter, most of the crowded Temple will have different queue, like free darshan, Special darshan(like 100 tickets, 500 tickets and 1000 rupees ticket etc. free darshan no need to pay, for Special darshan anybody can buy ticket go in different queue. after once they reach inside the temple,they will become one group and they all are equal, nobody can treat them as separate while taking prasad in side the darshan.

I don't want to explain here regarding why reservation is introduced, because it is accepted by all.

finally

general/Unreserved means all are there in the Group.

if you say that it is only for general candidates, then it is also reservation. as you are saying it is reserved only for general/Unreserved category, why the government has introduced newly reservation system to ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS in GENERAL - 10%. you feel that these category people also can't use once they use this quota to qualify in one place.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop