February 15, 2024 to February 16, 2024
Apr 10
Anil Kumar Jharotia updated their profile
Apr 9
Dr. Kundan Jha updated their profile
Apr 8

Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from Foreign Universities/Institutes

Dear All,

Can any one guide me regarding Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from foreign universities/Institutes? 

Views: 715

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Yes! please i too want to know the same, anyone please guide us.

Dear Sri Sreehari,

Thanks for your post.

"Foreign Universities" as you can understand and it encompass the entire globe.

If, for instance, you want to do Ph.D from  U.S. Universities Simmons College Boston is the one where many Indian students underwent (short term) courses under Prof. Chen. For Ph.D,  However, it is mandatory to get ALA Accreditation of your University Degree as the very first step of being eligible to apply. They have quite stiff rules and as far as I know it is difficult to fit into their format unless you have an outstanding topic with high theoretical value and great practical impact. I am telling this from my personal experience but that was more than 3 decades ago!! So you can certainly check with local USIS Library or Americal Consulate or from the University websites

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are two neighboring FOREIGN Countries. You can contact Universities in both the Countries to know their requirements and beforehand you must be aware of UGC's recognition of those Doctoral Qualification in our country.

By the way, you can try for Commonwealth Fellowship to do Ph.D from U.K. Universities

With best wishes to your research endeavour.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Thank you for the valuable information's sir

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop