We are the 1st and Largest Network of Librarians in India with 26000+ Members
It really makes all library professionals feel happy to hear this news. We have a new national mission on libraries. First of all, we should congratulate all the members who have been selected to frame piolicies.
1.Prof.Deepak Pental (Chairman)
8.One of the trustees of Ratan Tata Trust
9.Secretary to Dept. Higher Education, HRD Ministry (Ex.Officio)
10.Secretary to Ministry of Culture (Convenor)
Functions of the Committee
1.Advising the Government of India on all library and information sector matters of national importance.
2.Preparing long term plans and strategies for development of the library sector, including conceptualization and approval of projects and preparation of a "National policy on Library and Information Systems for India"
3.Interacting with state governments on all library matters, especially on public library matters.
4.Setting standards, including quality standards for library collections, services, technical work and infrastructure, and devising in-built mechanisms to ensure compiance for all types of libraries. 5.Encouraging and promotig partnership with corporate sector philanthropic organisations as well as bilateral and international agencies in the development of the library and information sector.
6.Revieving and assesing current status of library and information service education and inservices training facilities and working with agencies such as the UGC and universities to address the identified issues. 7.Coordinating with stakeholder ministries such as the Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Information Technology, Deartment of Panchayat Raj, etc, to ensure effective implementation of the NRC recommendations and management of the post-implementation scenario.
8.Coordination with other national stakeholders of the library and information sector, such as the UGC, and AICTE, RRRLF,CSIR, ICMR, ICSSR and so on, to ensure effective implementation of the recommendations and management of the post-implementation scenario.
9.Collaborating with counterpart agencies in other countries to explore areas for cooperation which will lead to strengthening of India's library and information sector.
10.Securing public support through advocacy and media by providing evidence of delivery, usage, outcomes and impact.
11.Helpig state governments (that do not yet have library legislation) in formulating state library acts. Tenure of the Mission The tenure of the National Mission on Libraries willbe three years.
Dear friends we too can contrubute something for this National Mission. Please post your valuable suggestions here. We can convey to the decision making authories.
Thanks for your valuable sugestions Pragya sir, actually I had a contact with one of the members of the panel, really i will send all the suggestions. Thanks.
I, am working as librarian an autonomous body Ministry of Health Family Welfare at Kolkata.
I had join Feb 2009 with the qualification B Sc, BLISc , MLISc ,MCA.
My Scale is so poor 5200-2200 GP 2800.
But other institution or organization scale is different under Ministry of Health Family Welfare.
So please make proposal in Ministry of India remove this difference.
And make a proposal to draw a outline every Librarian enjoy same scale in Ministry of India.
It is not affective that personally reach Ministry of India. so please take action in this regards.
Dear Gorai sir .... thanks ...we should stress the panel about the salary differences in vaious government departments.
These are my suggestions
1) first and the foremost is census of all type of the Public Libraries should done along with their status
2) The Central government should initiate those states which are not implemented library legislation should enact the Public Library Legislation
3) Regarding finance Library Cess should be implemented in all the States,because it is the permanent source of income for the states to maintain & development of Libraries
4) Priority should be given for the development of Rural Libraries.These Libraries should be constructed
in Proximity of Primary School ,so that school Children can make use of Library
5) Training to be given to all the Rural Librarians
6)Development of Infrastructure of Rural l Libraries
7) Library Committee should be formed in all types of Library ,so that it should include one proessionaal person in all the committee.
8) Modernization of all Public libraries from State level to Taluk Libraries is necessary
9) "All Library should have net work system from State Central Library to Village Libraries and linked to
the National information grid"
10) Sharing of resources among Taluk libraries to Village libraries
11) Basic computer training facilities should be given those does not have such knowledge
12) Braille Literature in District Central Libraries
13) working hours may be framed according to village Community
14) It is the responsibility of the Local self Government to look after the development of the Library
15) To reach remote area Mobile libraries are to be set up