LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

MOOCs has lesser or no life or future in the higher studies: Share your observations and opinion

Dear all,

Do you understand the MOOCs, if Yes please share your observations in the favor of against of this forum?

This forum of mine invites you to talk/discuss the life and future of MOOCs in the higher studies area.

It is very easy to take part if you evaluate the MOOCs.

Thank you.

Views: 1077

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

what isthe problem you have with MOOCs?

with its whole entity in itself is best, I think, for the deprived and people who really wants to be the part of mainstream but they are having no platform due to the one  reason or two.

No problem of mine is associates with MOOCs. I have raised this forum to collect the opinion about the MOOCs and tradition learning. 

Thank you for valuable response Sir. 

Exactlly,MOOCs are an opportunity to enhance the skills to the professionals also

I agree with your point, MOOCs is something limited content lacks the real time interaction. Exceptionally, chat and comment option provides features interaction but takes to much time. 

Thank you for your valuable response Sir. 

Any one can learn from anywhere at any age and anything. Every one should be given the quality education. MOOCs are the only solution for that. I strongly believe that future higher education system will be depend only on MOOCs.

Which platform of MOOCs you refer? 

This is main tag line of MOOCs which drives the many project on MOOCs. MOOCs will exist but rarely people will enroll to complete any course. It will be not exactly primary source of learning. 

It's true.  I think It is too early to discuss or comment about the success / failure of MOOCs.

In India the NPTEL / SWAYAM MOOC courses are taken up by many students / faculty members every year. 

Myself have developed a simple user interface for accessing more than 1200+ NPTEL MOOC courses

http://www.digimat.in

Dear Sri Munesh Kumar,

Thanks for your post and addressing an important issue in today's perspective.

As I personally feel, Online Courses are OK for some degrees of "nodding knowledge" . However, if one wants to pursue further studies, online courses have certain shortfalls. Of course, the tenacity of the learners vastly influence the positivity of such courses though the courses themselves have no fault except just one fact that it has limitations to SUSTAIN the attraction!!

For Community learning, MOOC is certainly an unique and innovative venture in the sense that it enhance AWARENESS to a considerable extent but in pedagogical sense, it may not be that rich in content. We often get confused to define where the thin line between Education & Awareness exist as we some time define them as sort of synonymous (A person well aware of & having some sort of holistic knowledge about his/her surroundings and daily chores is called an Educated Person at times but when we go deeper and discover that the individual lacks traditional Class-room based Education and Degrees we hesitate to call him/her as an Educated Person!)

In fact at times, we be at a loss to distinguish between a Learned Person and an Educated Person etymologically and we often add certain Qualifiers (like "Self-learned"!) to sustain the supremacy of academic discourses.

I hope I could explain the dilemma.

Sincerely

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

Dear Siddhart Shankar Ray Sir

Thank you so much for describing the use of MOOCs in real world. Hope our library professionals will be benefited with your description about the subject.

regards

Puneet Kumar

Yes, Sir,

Thank you for making the whole scenario pictured lively.
As usual, your response is exactly to the needs.

Thank you.

As a young learner of the library and information science domain, I can say that MOOCs has offering huge exposure for the learners of the higher studies to get enroll in different courses which are running by the prestigious institutions of our country as well as in the world. MOOCs has revamped the structure of the higher studies from the learner's point of view. Of course, it is not the exact substitute of the traditional higher education system, but still it acts like a kind of bridging the gap between the traditional higher education system and the learners who wished to get enroll and complete the higher studies but not able to do due to different causes. With reference to Siddhartha Sankar Ray Sir's comment, MOOCs is surely a community learning on national and international level. So, we can say :

MOOCs for the communities sake

Higher Education according to learner's choice.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop