LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Since most of the schools are closed due to lockdown, As teachers are taking classes online. Do Librarians need to go to school every day?

If Yes then what kind of duties do they have to perform during this pandemic? As they do not need to take any classes or regular duties.

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Hello Payal,

It is a very practical and common concern not only for the school librarians but for all the levels of librarians and library staff. As you also might have thought that physical presence at the workplace in the pandemic and work from homes are completely administrative concerns. It is the authority who decides this. Being an employee, we have to obey the decision. Obeying the orders, you may ask for work from home. If it is given you may enjoy the work from home. 

Being a librarian you can also ask for a session or class, where you can engage the students online. This way you will get some idea to deal with similar issues at the workplace. I know some of my school librarian friends, they are helping students in exam preparations, organise quiz competitions, and essay writing competitions and enguage in motivation classes, etc.

I Hope, this is helpful to you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop