LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Library & Information Science as Vocational Course in CBSE School

Is there any CBSE school librarian here, whose school has taken Library & Info. science course as vocational subject for class 11 & 12?

Views: 2649

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

I am not CBSE school librarian but I have books of Library & Info. science course (CBSE).

Yes. It is there in CBSE school. I went as external  to  LIS practiclas also (i.e Classification (CC &DDC) & Cataloguing). School Name is Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Vidyashram, Bhimavarm, W.G.Dt. Those textbooks also provide in the NET CBSE website in the PDF format.

It's a optional subject 100 Marks class XI and xii
Thanks to share this information otherwise i don't know that the CBSE provide such type of vocational course.

Lib. & I. Sc. is a dynamic subject and it is very compulsory for every student to know about Reference Sources, Research techniques, Library Management, Information search, Knowledge organization, Fundamental of ICT, Online resources, Institutional repositories, Weblog, Library 2.0, Indexing, e-resources, OPAC, OSS, Information Storage and Retrieval techniques etc.

These are the very important topics for the every student especially who are going to be admitted in higher studies.Minimum qualifications for the recruitment of School Library Teachers should be M.Lib I Sc or Masters Degree in LIS because now a days computer application in Library Technology Field is mandatory.

Library and Information Science is a job oriented course and LIS subject in 12thclass is equivalent to the Diploma in Library and Information Science. Aftercompletion of the course candidates can get the job in any Library and information Center on Technical / Assistant, SPA, Library Clerk, MTS and other posts.Therefore, LIS should be included at +2 level in KVS.

Therefore the LIS as a subject at +2 level should be start by Kendriya Vidyalayas, navodaya Vidyalayas, DPS, DAV society and other reputed school organisations in India. LIS professional associations (ILA ann other state Library Associations) should take initiatives and make pressure on the organisations. It will provide promotional avenues for library teachers as PGT LIB.    

Good information

R/sir

There is no Vocational course in CBSE but a optional subject on +1 & +2 level of Library and Information Science

Dear Sir,

LIS is also no doubt a vocational subject in CBSE schools opted by many schools.Here I want to tell you that since 2013-14 cbse,has also introduced this subject as Academic elective with 079 as a code.My school has already opted this subject with the first batch of 20 students appearing for the cbse Boards first time.I request you to kindly go for academic elective course in place for Vocational course.This subject is at present having the weight-age of 80 marks theory and 20 marks practicals. 

Regards

Manoj

really its unkownble information many of the lis professionals

tqq sirs/madams

yes my school does provide the facility. Im taking classes for XI & XII. DAV MODEL SCHOOL, DURGAPUR.

7003784268 IS MY NUMBER, CONTACT ME FOR ANY QUERIES , EVEN IM HAVING A LOT OF DOUBTS REGARDING THE CURRICULUM.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop