LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

I have installed Koha with Ubuntu 18.04. While installing Koha, got an error in login with super-librarian. Kindly guide me for the same.
With Regards,
Namrata Dobariya

Views: 4825

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Do you have username and password.

Go to koha-conf.xml.You can get the username and password.

How to change master password of Koha ? Koha master login username and password is same as MySQL database (e.g. koha_library), where data stored. First change the password of koha_library database. Then put new password in /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml Apply following commands in Applications > Accessories > Terminal sudo su [enter the Linux Root password] mysql -uroot -p [enter the MySQL Root password] use mysql; SET PASSWORD FOR 'koha_library'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('koha123'); flush privileges; quit; Need to change new password in Koha configuration file. Open the configuration file using any text editor. Use any text editor, gedit/leafpad. Leafpad is not available, install; apt-get install leafpad sudo leafpad /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml The file will open. Scroll to bottom part of the file and find the line for password. You can find old password. Place your new password. Save [Ctrl+O] and close [Ctrl+x] the file. Login Koha using new password.

http://kohageek.blogspot.com/2013/05/how-to-change-master-password-...

Thanks for support ,

I will try to solve out the problem as per your guidance.

Regards,

Namrata Dobariya

Sometime we must search in google before putting an issue to a forum for discussion.

Dear Munesh Kumar,

Thanks for your suggestion.

We always try to find out first from google but even not got the correct solution then we need to ask some experts for proper solution and the forum is made for help to our professionals.

Thanking you.

Regards,

Namrata Dobariya

my reply to your post seems rude, but I wanted to make your determination to understand the problem and solution available on the internet. 

I feel good to see your keen interest in the topic.

Thank you. 

Madam, have you added any patron after the installation  of Koha like Admin, Staff, Student? then you assign super librarian privileges . may be it work 

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you are right, I have added a patron staff but without login how can I assign super librarian privileges?

Login with root user privilege then go to the file /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml

open with an editor(gedit or other) and find the lines/code

<user>______</user>

<pass>@#$%#@455</pass>

and update the password of your choice, save the file. Open the koha and try to log in with user id and set a password. Hope you will be able to do the task further.

Thank you. 

Thanks for your replay and guidance.

It is good to inform you that the KOHA has successfully downloaded. The error was in privileges to super-librarian. Once have done it, its allowed to login.

Regards,

Namrata

Thanks for your replay and valuable guidance. The error has solved with given privileged to super-librarian. 

Regards,

Namrata

Sister First Time Installation You can't create super user directly it totally different

first user name depends by MySQL or MariaDB database name

Example if you give the cmd 

Create a Koha instance with the name library.

sudo koha-create --create-db library

then the user name is koha_library

Now the password is automatically generated  in the file, you can generate the password just type the cmd in terminal 

Generate Koha Interface Login Password.

sudo xmlstarlet sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/pass' /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml

that password is look like

hpkjoikkb1232root@library:

Now copy only before the root like this : hpkjoikkb1232

User Name: koha_library

Password: hpkjoikkb1232

After installing koha then you can create a superuser login that end process.

For More Clarification Please See : https://youtu.be/mz_Qc20emiM

=> http://www.dptripathi.in/download/installation.txt

Thanks & Regards

Koha-Geek Student

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop