LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Dear Library Professionals,

I would like to know about JSTOR. I have visited the website but I am unable to understand what it is?

Kindly let me clear about actually what is it and how to subscribe it in India as I am instructed to subscribe it

Views: 587

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

JSTOR is a leading online service for scholarly literature. JSTOR is a highly selective digital library of academic content in many formats and disciplines. The collections include top peer-reviewed scholarly journals as well as respected literary journals, academic monographs, research reports from trusted institutes, and primary sources. JSTOR’s archival journal collections include more than two thousand in the humanities, social science and sciences. Both multidisciplinary and discipline-specific journal collections are offered, covering more than 50 academic disciplines. At present, JSTOR contains a range of Arts & Sciences collections, a multidisciplinary Life Sciences Collectiondiscipline-specific collections across several fields, and four primary source collections. Collections on JSTOR include the complete archival record of each journal.

JSTOR’s archival journal collections include more than 2,000 journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Both multidisciplinary and discipline-specific journal collections are offered, covering more than 50 academic disciplines. JSTOR will contain more than 260 current journals from the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences titles from more than 40 publishers in 2016.  

JSTOR provides access to electronic books alongside journal titles on the JSTOR platform. At present, Books at JSTOR offers more than 20,000 books from more than 30 publishers.

You have to subscribe life time  access of Jstor  Archival collection , the  fee  of this service is US$ 5,000/-  but annual access fee is required in every year which is between USD 2000  to USD 2500/- 

M/s Globe Publication Pvt. Ltd. is authorized distributor in India of Jstor.

for more details plz visit: 

http://www.jstor.org/librarians/

Reply by Shri Suresh Kumar Dubey is sufficient for you.
I am also using / availing facility of JSTOR in my library.

Q.I would like to know about JSTOR.

Answer Reply by Suresh Kumar Dubey sir

Q. I have visited the website but I am unable to understand what it is?

Answer same

Q Kindly let me clear about actually what is it

Answer "JSTOR’s archival journal collections".. already given

Q. how to subscribe it in India as I am instructed to subscribe it

Answer Any reputed publishers (If your Institution is not a member of UCG Inflibnet Consortium)

"

JSTOR provides access to electronic books alongside journal titles on the JSTOR platform. At present, Books at JSTOR offers more than 20,000 books from more than 30 publishers.

You have to subscribe life time  access of Jstor  Archival collection , the  fee  of this service is US$ 5,000/-  but annual access fee is required in every year which is between USD 2000  to USD 2500/-" ---- reply already given

JSTOR has four product lines (archive journals, current issues, eBooks, and primary sources) and there are several packages of content available under each product line.. Archive journals- There are 15 collections with unique content that does not overlap between collections. For Archive Collections there are two fees. There is a one-time Archive Capital Fee (ACF) and an on-going Annual Access Fee (AAF). for further details plz communicate with participation@jstor.org

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop