Sudheer Singh is attending Anand A Jha (PhD)'s event

I-KOAL 2024 at MIT WPU

February 15, 2024 to February 16, 2024
Apr 10
Anil Kumar Jharotia updated their profile
Apr 9
Dr. Kundan Jha updated their profile
Apr 8
Google Drive constitutes a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. It incorporates Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google Forms – the free, web-based office suite offered by Google and integrated with Google Drive. On June 25, 2014 at the Google I/O developer conference, Sundar Pichai announced that Google Drive was being used by 58% of the Fortune 500 companies as well as by 72 of the top universities. On September 21, 2015, it was announced that Google Drive had over one million organizational paying users. In March 2017, Google announced that Google Drive had 800 million active users.

Almost all Gmail users are using Google Drive knowingly or unknowingly and sometimes even some users are very much familiar to the Google Drive. As such, you are requested kindly to post your views in this thread.

Views: 862

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Yes Google drive is very useful. We need not to worry about viruses or pen drive is not  accessing . You just add all important data in google drive and access from anywhere any time via mail.I am using google form for online library feedback since five years.At the end of the year I got feedback analysis which will be useful for NAAC . We can put forward to higher authority if any negative comments received by users.

I have recently started using google slides for presentation which is also very useful. We can add contents anywhere at workplace or at home as and when we have time. it will automatically saved the data.

If you sync your mobile with gmail all the photos taken by you can also saved in google photos . You can create album and share instantly or keep for record. 

There is one feature of You tube in gmail settings. If your mail is open and you are searching any videos it will be saved in history, so that you need not to  search again and again. You can watch later or show in the classroom if it saved. You can also delete search history any time.

Google calendar is great. As I am IQAC team member,  in my institution I add all the college events in google calendar in IQAC gmail which is accessible to all IQAC team members. At the end of the year we can print download the calendar with detail of events which will be useful for College magazine and AQAR report preparation.

Google Drive is a cloud-based system powered by Google. It is available for free for personal (up 15 GB) and for business use, there is enterprises version.

Apart from upload, share create of new documents it also provides add-ons of various useful applications and software such photo editor, PDF to word, zip file support etc. 

Library Technology Solutions such as Koha and DSpace and its developer's community have provided the technical solutions(knowledge, process) of automatic backup in Google Drives. 

The similar solutions to Google Drive are One Drive, DropBox and many other provided to users as a service on the procurement of some hardware or software but Google Drive stand best among all.

Creating and sharing is the main purpose of Google Drive in this regards one can the documents and can share with its sharing utilities with various privacy controls and checks.

Google's smart technology put all the files in drive if the size of the file is exceeding the 25 MB. 

Apart from the mainstream, desktop uses; it is very easy to predict the number of users of Google Drive; only we need to know the number of Android phone users.

Thank you, sir, for bringing an issue of very important to discuss and exchange the knowledge.

google drive is most useful for libraries becouse the data and source meterial is easy to access on anywhere have you seat on internet. pendrive and other memory option is not stand in front of google drive becouse its safe and dont carry out anywhere and also don't risk of type of lost and theft .

googledrive's memory is also too large as on free and if you have extra memory to give primum and gate more memory for use and easy to access........ 

allmost gmail users are using google drive....i think today aver the googledrive is too useful and helpful from any type of we have use and think......

Google drive is so useful I also used to store all information like old papers, employment news all activities, current awareness news, new arrivals all information whatever, I wanted to share with my users . and share the drive links with my user group with their mail id, it's  so beneficial. any user get whole information anywhere any time.All updates

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop