LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

I have completed B.Tech information technology in regular mode and completed BLISc, MLISc in distance mode and also qualify AP SET.

Many IIT, NIT asking for PGDLAN or PGDCA. Do you think that I need to go through these courses?

Please suggest to me

Views: 1083

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Yes PGDLAN required because PGDLAN related to library field.

Thank you for your sweet advice  but I know about computer networking. PGDLAN also a automation networking. 

Dear Mr. BHAROTHU RAMESH NAYAK,

Your academic qualifications indicate that you have depth knowledge in the IT area. Additionally, you have done your BLISC/ MLISC through distance education mode and also qualified the AP SET which is an excellent attempt.

But, you don’t have regular degree in the LIS domain. Hence, you may take admission in the regular courses like PGDDIM (Osmania University) or M. Phil in LIS from any reputed universities.   

Sincerely,

Dhiman Mondal

Thank you sir. I Will  trying  to do M. Phil or Ph.D

Dear Friend,

As per the details of qualification provided by you I think you have adequate qualifications. As your from IT background  I dont  think it is required to do PGDLAN or PGDCA. But it is good if you have added qualifications.

regards

Shiva Kanakala

It depends strictly on the recruitment rules published in the advertisement.

I have B.SC. (Hons) Comp Sc, and after that BLIS and MLIS and Qualified UGC NET.

And there was one govt job where they had asked for one year diploma / certificate in Computer Application. I was not shortlisted just because I didnt had "1 year diploma" even though I had "3 year Bsc in Computer Sc" as well as "2 year software engineer" experience. 

So it all depends on how strictly the recruitment rules are followed.

I have done BBA, BLIS, CCC, DCA in regular mode. I am doing Certificate in Information Technology (CIT) from IGNOU & PGDCA in regular mode. Is it sufficient to fulfill all the desirable qualification of any recruitment or something else is needed...? Please Guide !!!

Dear Friend,

PGDCA or PGDLAN are asked as desirable which may play a role in shortlisting criteria or it may not be. 
The second point is if you are known to the syllabus of PGDLAN and/or PGDCA it is not a big problem for you. But, nobody can assure you whether to pursue this course or not. It's up to you. If you have time you can get this certificate also. Since you are a technology graduate then it will be the easiest task for you.

Thanks. 

Thank you to all 

Hyderabad Central University running the course for PGDLAN, you can apply for this course sir.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop